NC Surf Fishing Tips

HotSoup

Six Pointer
It’s amazing how the water clarity differs from north to south of the cape fear for sure. I have gigged just several miles north of the mouth in bathtub clear water.
Yep, people claim to be able to gig fish in 5ft+ deep water north of the cape fear. I will say ive saw more fish in the 2 weeks ive spent in topsail than years on oak island/holden beach.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Going to use that River rig this summer. Good stuff!
It’s a good rig. I really like Jerry(river) as well. He’s as good a guy as you’ll want to meet, but you can tie your own for a fraction of the price. Again though, River is good people and I have a lot of respect for him. He knows his fish.

It’s a good rig. I really like Jerry(river) as well. He’s as good a guy as you’ll want to meet, but you can tie your own for a fraction of the price. Again though, River is good people and I have a lot of respect for him. He knows his fish.
Yea I bought one just to learn how to tie it. He is on another fishing forum and said he would have just told me and I didn't need to buy. Don't really think he cares if it gets shared. Otherwise I wouldn't have.