NC Strutmasters $15,000 prize this Saturday largest Tom

np307

Ten Pointer
"Although an ardent turkey hunter, I have too much respect for this glorious bird to see it killed in any but an honorable way. The turkey's fate is hard enough as it is. The work of destruction goes on from year to year..." - McIlhenny (Jordan)

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The purpose of the event is to raise money for the kids event (Pirate Classic) the weekend before. All of the guys putting this together are organizers of the Pirate Classic, which is a nice event for kids to get outside and experience the comradery of the sport.

For those of you that have mixed feelings about a contest, I totally get it and wouldn't judge. To me, it seems like this is no different than fishing tournaments, big buck contests or the Squirrel Master Classic put on by Gamo. To each his own.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it's a shame registration is closed. I could have sponsored a slam dunk team headed east saturday.
They cull them if they arent brutes. :) And hunt prime private dirt.
One member happens to be the best and luckiest turkey hunter known to man. So this fits him perfectly.
As to the morals of it I see both sides clearly. I have been cheated out of a lot of money by known cheats in bass stuff so there is that- but honestly with the dumbing down of killing turkeys and the hype- (remember the THP crowd measuring the OA length of a bird) this is a logical step in the sport.
No one has to play the stupid game but in this case I dont see the payout as stupid.
And i do love to gamble. :)
Thanks for posting this @Roanoke - I was clueless on it's existence.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
it's a shame registration is closed. I could have sponsored a slam dunk team headed east saturday.
They cull them if they arent brutes. :) And hunt prime private dirt.
One member happens to be the best and luckiest turkey hunter known to man. So this fits him perfectly.

As to the morals of it I see both sides clearly. I have been cheated out of a lot of money by known cheats in bass stuff so there is that- but honestly with the dumbing down of killing turkeys and the hype- (remember the THP crowd measuring the OA length of a bird) this is a logical step in the sport.
No one has to play the stupid game but in this case I dont see the payout as stupid.
And i do love to gamble. :)
Thanks for posting this @Roanoke - I was clueless on it's existence.

Send me their phone numbers. We will rendezvous and cull out the largest bird and split the pot. I'll cut you in for a finders fee. :) I mean after all, the jacket is the perfect color. :)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Send me their phone numbers. We will rendezvous and cull out the largest bird and split the pot. I'll cut you in for a finders fee. :) I mean after all, the jacket is the perfect color. :)
Good Luck if you are entered. I do want to see you modeling that jacket. :)
For $15,000 it'll be worth it.
Your scenario is exactly what the losers will be envisioning come 6pm. :)
I have lost a ranger boat on .04 lbs fishing but didnt exactly blame the scales.
Can you imagine the drama on the spur measurements?
I wouldnt want that job.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Good Luck if you are entered. I do want to see you modeling that jacket. :)
For $15,000 it'll be worth it.
Your scenario is exactly what the losers will be envisioning come 6pm. :)
I have lost a ranger boat on .04 lbs fishing but didnt exactly blame the scales.
Can you imagine the drama on the spur measurements?
I wouldnt want that job.

My Dad and I fished most of the king mackeral tournaments back in the mid 80's and early 90's. A ton of that sorta thing was going on back then. The lie detector test (is the case for this tournament) helped fix some of it.

I do own a few golf shirts that are similar in color believe it or not. :)

Birdman

Six Pointer
I am in it and looking forward to it....I am packing my king Mack tourney bag with ice and taking it with me if I kill good one he is going directly in the bag and isn't coming out till the scales...Winners are subject to a lie detector and sum big name country music will be playing Saturday night...Not bad for small Greene County...Going to take at least a 23lb bird with a 12 incher.... Also there is the biggest bearded hen for $1000 and the highest scoring multiple bearded Tom for $2500..The Pirates Classic this past weekend had over 70 birds scored and nothing but praise for the organization for what they are doing for the youth....The gave out 10 lifetime hunting license for the top 10 birds and if you already had one you won a shotgun....

Starfan

Eight Pointer
I am in it and looking forward to it....I am packing my king Mack tourney bag with ice and taking it with me if I kill good one he is going directly in the bag and isn't coming out till the scales...Winners are subject to a lie detector and sum big name country music will be playing Saturday night...Not bad for small Greene County...Going to take at least a 23lb bird with a 12 incher.... Also there is the biggest bearded hen for $1000 and the highest scoring multiple bearded Tom for $2500..The Pirates Classic this past weekend had over 70 birds scored and nothing but praise for the organization for what they are doing for the youth....The gave out 10 lifetime hunting license for the top 10 birds and if you already had one you won a shotgun....
How is a fish bag going to keep a bird from losing weight?

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Will this be the beginning of T.A.S.S. (Think B.A.S.S.) Turkey Arseholes Shooters Society?

I can see turkey carcasses left to rot because they aren't big enough to win.

<>< Fish

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
I do not understand why everyone is exited about Nate Hosie. The guy must think he is jamming with Peter Fox and Gene Simmons with all that face paint. Only difference between him and KISS is that his music SUCKS.
His hunting career is also not impressive.
Every circus needs a clown!

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
can only imagine the lead weights getting shoved down birds throats,,,,

not much for "big XX" contests,,, whether bucks, does, or turkeys,