NC Hunters Safety Tournament

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Our team has been practicing almost weekly but weather and rain has canceled us multiple days. I understand that they will not be doing the orienteering portion of the competition this year.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Our team has been practicing almost weekly but weather and rain has canceled us multiple days. I understand that they will not be doing the orienteering portion of the competition this year.
We have got all of our practices in, but it has been cold every single Saturday with temps in the 30s at practice time. Seems like every weekend the weather map in the state looks the same.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No practice this Saturday.

We’re in line for our tourney 1st Sunday in March, so 3 more practices to prepare.

Hope your teams are getting out!!

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We are doing bookwork this week due to the forecast. have had way to many practices cancelled due to the weather. Our tournaments are March 13 -Iredell county Region 7

Jay/NC

Eight Pointer
We had our team district shoot yesterday and it went well. 4 game wardens and local guy that helps teach NC Hunter Safety classes came to oversee the operation. We started at 8am and by 1pm everyone was on the road home. There was NO limit to those that could attend/watch. I would guess we had a total of 90-100 people in attendance which includes coaches, shooters, parents and game wardens.

Our school only has 1 Sr team and 1 Jr team with some kids shooting multiple disciplines.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We had our team district shoot yesterday and it went well. 4 game wardens and local guy that helps teach NC Hunter Safety classes came to oversee the operation. We started at 8am and by 1pm everyone was on the road home. There was NO limit to those that could attend/watch. I would guess we had a total of 90-100 people in attendance which includes coaches, shooters, parents and game wardens.

Our school only has 1 Sr team and 1 Jr team with some kids shooting multiple disciplines.
We are going for practice today at noon (good thing it's cold here.......)

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks like there will be more wardens at our event than participants . SMH
It is unbelievable how silly the rules are for our competition.

I guess it won’t be a super spreader event LOL

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have ours next Saturday. We have two more practices before the tournament.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Jay Where you at? You weren't the team I saw a week ago Saturday at Mike Ely's were you? Our team had our tournament this past Saturday With 5 Middle School Teams and 4 high school teams it was an all day event for us.

OOPS: NEVERMIND DIDN'T SEE THE DATE OF YOUR POST.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Our event went okay. Even though we practiced bow wearing masks our scores on average were about 7 or 8 points lower than they were when not wearing them prior to the requirements

WRLawhon

Button Buck
My school I graduated from and am still part of it helping out and staying in touch with our couch said that a GW was coming to watch and keep score so we shall see what happens. But they have been practicing some not as much as planned due to rain.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
My 12 year old little man shot a 172 on bow this morning for his first competition. He also scored a 56 on the written exam (highest of any score on his high/middle school team) when the state average is a 35.
To say I am proud for his first time through is an understatement. He finally has found something he likes better than the play station.Resized952021032795111917.jpg