NC Hunters Safety Tournament

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
At this time it seems that this will still happen, not as 9 different District tournaments, but each respective school or team will compete by way of having its team go through the 5 separate disciplines at its “home field.” In other words, a virtual tournament. I think a state representative will oversee each competition and events will be held in March, just like in years past.

Our team has had a few practices thus far - anyone else out there participating or involved?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I live right by the practice area for our local team (outside Winston-Salem). I haven’t seen or heard a peep from them.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
That was what we were told our team was doing as well, but now the chatter is they are canceling everything for our school. It may be a school district decision if the ncwrc is still has everything on schedule.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had a team practice last night for our Iredell county team. Our virtual tournament date is March 13 for our middle and high school teams.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
My sons virtual tournament is March 6 or 7th. Can’t remember.... they’ve been practicing but only half the kids show up.....

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My sons virtual tournament is March 6 or 7th. Can’t remember.... they’ve been practicing but only half the kids show up.....

Our numbers are smaller somewhat. We will continue to practice, even if it doesn’t materialize.
Our district, District 5, was the only one that had its tournament last March by virtue of it being the Saturday before things shut down. I hated it then, and will really feel bad if something doesn’t happen this year for the children.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Our numbers are smaller somewhat. We will continue to practice, even if it doesn’t materialize.
Our district, District 5, was the only one that had its tournament last March by virtue of it being the Saturday before things shut down. I hated it then, and will really feel bad if something doesn’t happen this year for the children.

Yup. Our kids were crushed that they cancelled the district tournament last year....

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Other than having to cancel practice for rain events, we're still practicing..we got ours back off the ground about the middle of november. We have practice in the morning as a matter of fact.
There were some happy youngens we started back up this fall🤘

darenative

Twelve Pointer
We've had a real good turn out this year. More new young shooters than in years past, more parent involvement. It's pretty dang rewarding to be involved and see those kids excell.

Anybody know where i can locate the archery 5 spot target faces for the 4x4 target butts?
We're out of replacements and ours are completely shot out. The place we normally get em is completely out.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Update.
looks like the orienteering portion is dropped due to variability between sites, at least for the district virtual tournaments. We are limited to 50 spectators and all must be masked, even when shooting. We get to choose order of events and have some flexibility about times.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
My daughter joined the shooting team this year and is having a ball! She is one of the younger ones so I doubt she will get to compete. She has completed her hunter safety awhile back so who knows. As dare stated weather has been an issue with practices.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Learned this week that attendance beyond coaches, participants, officials would be limited to 50. And participants, even when shooting, must be masked.

when we practiced bow yesterday avg score dropped, presumably due to the novelty of the masks. Told shooters to make sure masks were tight to face next week.

Reminds me of when I used to hunt with a headnet........

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
My sons team is already making them wear masks all the time during practice. Our head coach told us the wardens would stop the tournament if they saw anyone not masking up properly.

He seems to think they will strictly enforce this rule. Sucks about the # of spectators, lots of proud parents/grandparents want to see their kids hard work in action.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have ours wearing gaiters especially during archery. They seem to work better than masks. We got the same rules as mentioned above. 50 total. We had to break high school and middle school into to different events and times. Weather is killing our practices.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Parents can sit in cars and watch outside the competition area.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We were told 50 total including participants, coaches, officials and spectators.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We got our tourney date - first weekend in March. Total of 50 people? We were told 7 officials would oversee so that’s pretty ridiculous. Not sure why since events are one at a time and we have only 5 teams total

Jay/NC

Eight Pointer
I bet we’ve got the very first possible date. (Friday, February 19)

We were told 4 GWs would come to lead/score our 2 teams. (1 HS & 1 MS)

I’ll report back as far as the number of spectators allowed.