NC beaches

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
As far as I'm concerned if your stupid enough to go into the ocean you deserve to drown or be eaten by sharks and gators. Everytime I hear of someone drowning at the beach I have to chuckle. I mean duh...they walked INTO THE FRIGGIN OCEAN of their own free will knowing that they have become bait or that they could drown.
Spoken like someone who needs to pull their skid-marked drawers out da crack of their ass.......

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Nah, they have been playing Jaws reruns on A&E
Yeah … they shouldn't outghta show those danged sharks those movies. No need to give those smarmy-arse sharts any ideas.

And you know, since most shart attacks happen in waist-deep water … people oughta just swim out a bit further to reduce the chance of attack! :D

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20 years ago (DANG I'm getting old) when we were stationed down at MacDill (Tampa area) we went to the gulf for a swim/goof off day,,,,two dolphins swam between most of us and the shore,,,,some dude (from Jersey most likely) started yelling "shark shark",,,,,

I told him to shut his @#$ mouth,,,,,he did

but it was funny,,,,everything is a shark,,,

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Haven’t done any official surveys, but this year it seems like every time we go to the beach we can’t find a dang spot to park anywhere, not even small out of the way lots that are usually empty. Doesn’t seem like tourism is hurting too much.

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
No shortage of tourist in Holden beach. 10 yrs ago you could atleast find a parking space. As far as sharks. Well they live in the ocean and I know it so if I’m bitten while swimming it’s the chance I take. They make slow fishing days good as they seem to always be chewing. Here is a 400lb Dusky we caught last weekend at the Tower!!About an hr of fun alone!!
faf8d5b5e1430eb08466c959664249cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
true story.
my young cousins caught a 4 ft shark at NMB in the surf in a Wings 5cent cast net. damndest thing I ever saw.
I told them it was a great white :) but todays generation is so dang smart they had it identified in the time in took them to catch it.
I was so disappointed in them. a perfect chance to become legends and they tell the truth.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Katherine is a regular.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Chances of getting killed in car accident are much greater!

I will never forget when bowhunting Pungo close to Conmans.. shared a little concern about the bears.... Mike said “don’t worry about those bears, you’ve already done the most dangerous thing you could do driving 60 miles per hour passing cars coming opposite direction at same speed and only a little yellow line separating you”!
This is exactly what I tell folks who say they don't "trust" other people with guns. LOLZ

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
No shortage of tourist in Holden beach. 10 yrs ago you could atleast find a parking space. As far as sharks. Well they live in the ocean and I know it so if I’m bitten while swimming it’s the chance I take. They make slow fishing days good as they seem to always be chewing. Here is a 400lb Dusky we caught last weekend at the Tower!!About an hr of fun alone!!
faf8d5b5e1430eb08466c959664249cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain’t nothing fun about VanSinkergone McRuffskin. You can have em. Better yet, let the foreigners have their sharkfin soup. Please start with the sandbars camped off the shoals in Buxton, followed by the garbos

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
Just to add gas to the fire: The ABC stores here in New Hanover have signs posted all over the store "Blue Shark Week"