NC Beach Vacation

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
On our vacation to the beach...had to stop over in Kinston, nc for my wife to do make up for a wedding, so tonight we ate at Kings BBQ....man they have some good fried chicken and ribs!! Any of yall ate there? Right beside neuse sports.

Heading on to the beach tomorrow. :)

Sent From Ink's House

C52

Eight Pointer
Kings is going to kill me. I always stop there going through Kinston. Matter of fact, I think I'll be there tommorow night. I'll be miserably full all the way home.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Never have eaten at King's but if its better than McCalls in Goldsboro I need to try it...

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Caught a flounder and some other little fish so far...

yvanutap.jpg

ta2yhuru.jpg

The view from the room is nice too
3erabu7u.jpg

Sent From Ink's House

topcat5011

Six Pointer
I've eaten there a bunch. If you get a chance try out the oyster bar. It's in the same building but on the left hand side of the building. Great seafood and good prices also.

Rockingham County Hunter

My wife was born and raised in Kinston.When we go back to see family she would rather go to McCall's. I think they are the same

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
If you are still at EI run up to Salter Path and eat at The Crab Shack, awesome seafood right on Bogue Sound.

<>< Fish

Last edited:

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Haha waves washed it off while reeling fish in, so I tossed it.

Daughter caught her first saltwater fish! Dunno what it is...yall? I also caught my first shark!!
ynage4em.jpg

uze4e4yt.jpg

jeguvyra.jpg

Sent From Ink's House

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I eat there everytime I go to that part of the state. I really like the fried chicken to. I just can't get to like that awful BBQ they have in that area.:)

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
In the winter time King's has the best collards I've ever eaten in my life. Their BBQ is, well, decent (as is most restaurant Q these days except B's in Greenville) but their chicken and other items are always very good.

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
Used to eat at Kings every year when we passed through going out to Cape Lookout. We would stop there coming and going. God eats, and polished off when some tasty Banana Puddin' it would make your tummy tight for a while.
Someone said they catered to some Presidential Inauguration, don't know if that was true or not. But dang good food there at King's, definitely worth a stop if you are in that end of the state.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
You can also get a gallon zip lock bag of "fresh" skins, if you get there in time. We usually get a couple of bags when we pass by heading to the salt. Nothing like some fresh skins to gnaw on while the salt spray hits you in the face...:)

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
So far I have caught a lot of fish at fort Macon, but all tiny. Not much from the beach at hotel though..

This am I caught a puffer fish! Never seen one in person...sadly my daughter was not with me...also caught a flounder and something else, not sure what they were....

hy6uda6y.jpg

6uqatazu.jpg

ju3u3azu.jpg

2y5ajype.jpg

Sent From Ink's House