National Airborne Day 8-16

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
To my Brothers of the Silk, wishing you a blessed day. One of the best duties I had in service was being the Jumpmaster.
Jan 72 thru Jan 92

Master JM.jpghalo.jpgNational-Airborne-Day.jpgthT0N58O6A.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
thanks for the reminder BSHobbs,,

continous jump status from Dec 1980 through August 2005 when I had to stop due to deteriation of my lower back,,,,,,

call someone a leg today,,,,it will make you feel young again!!

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
An awesome day of remembrance for all those that Jumped before us.
Hooah!!! AIRBORNE!!! Only had a short stint 2000-2003 jump status while working @ JSOC.
I also miss being in the DFAC and someone dropping a dish.........

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
"Airborne ranger, airborne ranger where have you been? To Air assault school and failed again!"
Jk.
Thank you to all the Airborne. Never got to jump in my tenure, worked with many, just wasn't in the cards for me.

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
Hey! I'm a leg! You can pick on me all you want. I've been abused by experts.... My career was evenly split between light and mechanized infantry. 15 years in APCs and IFVs means the closest to airborne I got was being chairborne..... :)

Lance

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
NAP... non airborne personnel

I spent the first 5 years of my career in the 82nd where the indoctrination was all Airborne and if not you were a LEG. After that I went to SF and hardly ever heard the term leg.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Spent 4 years at ft Benning flying medevac. Second mission I picked you a soldier where his tib/fibs have drove thru his boot and had according his lower leg. I said then I didn't need it for my career or satisfaction. I wanted to be able to walk with ease when I'm 50. I walk with ease.. God bless the ones that have and the ones that are.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
Congratulation to "all" the "airborne" vets everywhere. OK, only jumping I did was sport,
so yeah, I was a "leg."
Question, since parachute riggers were required to be airborne what happened if a rigger
was injured and had to come off jump status?