NASCAR to disqualify CHEATERS!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
They better do like F1 does and have 1 2 and 3 on the stage.

Could see someone in 2nd and first is busted for cheating then 2 files a lawsuit for loss of TV time, not being included in post race and so on. They still say it will take 3 hrs post race to check cars and find the real winner.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
That's still better than 3 days. I'm hoping Steve Phelps fixes this sport that France jr ran into the ground. This should stop the crap harvick and others that didn't get caught were doing.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why doesn’t it say they lose ALL points (for that race)?

Is that the outcome, if you’re DQd?

302cj

Twelve Pointer
Why doesn’t it say they lose ALL points (for that race)?

Is that the outcome, if you’re DQd?
According to what I heard on radio yesterday they do. If found illegal they are moved to 40th position. Lose all race winnings points and stage points.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How many points does the winner get?

I’m trying to establish the line of demarcation of where it’s no longer advantageous to cheat (if there’s a good chance you’ll get caught).

I don’t think that’s existed, until now, and I’m not positive it exists now.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
How many points does the winner get?

I’m trying to establish the line of demarcation of where it’s no longer advantageous to cheat (if there’s a good chance you’ll get caught).

I don’t think that’s existed, until now, and I’m not positive it exists now.
It doesn't really matter. Winning a race gets you into the playoffs. The only thing that matters after the first win is that you get one playoff point for each additional win. So if you win Daytona, there isn't much of a deterrent to cheat at all the rest of the regular season races except for fines and suspensions.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It doesn't really matter. Winning a race gets you into the playoffs. The only thing that matters after the first win is that you get one playoff point for each additional win. So if you win Daytona, there isn't much of a deterrent to cheat at all the rest of the regular season races except for fines and suspensions.
Well, if you’re DQ’d, you didn’t win.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Well, if you’re DQ’d, you didn’t win.
As I pointed out, you only need one win to make the playoffs. If you win the first race of the season and get caught cheating after winning the second race, you may lose race points, be fined and get your crew chief suspended but you will still be in the playoffs.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
As I pointed out, you only need one win to make the playoffs. If you win the first race of the season and get caught cheating after winning the second race, you may lose race points, be fined and get your crew chief suspended but you will still be in the playoffs.
I hadn't even thought of that! Say harvick wins Daytona and gets caught at vegas or Atlanta he's still in the playoffs. I guess the only problem with getting caught after a win would be sponsor issues like Micheal Waltrip Racing had a few years back. Maybe the new rules aren't so great!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Well, I don't see how you cant take away a win for a car found to be legal just because she wins later in a car that isn't. But I do think this is positive movement forward. Imgaine coming in first, and 2 hours later you find out you're now 40th. It'll make some burnouts rather expensive lol.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I hadn't even thought of that! Say harvick wins Daytona and gets caught at vegas or Atlanta he's still in the playoffs. I guess the only problem with getting caught after a win would be sponsor issues like Micheal Waltrip Racing had a few years back. Maybe the new rules aren't so great!
I have not read the new rules. I'm basing my posts on previous seasons. What I've read in the link in this thread and other stories, a cheating race winner will be moved to last place and lose its guaranteed playoff spot. I have no idea if somewhere in the new rules there is a provision to prevent exactly what I posted earlier where the penalty for cheating doesn't affect your guaranteed playoff spot for other race wins. Maybe they can kick a driver out of the playoffs but if so I would suspect it would take multiple offenses.

lasttombstone

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Maybe I"m not following some of the reasoning here but my take on it is that they loose all points for that race, the one they were caught cheating on. Not ALL their points. So if Harvick wins the first race and then gets caught cheating in the 10th race he only loses points earned in that race except for the one point he would get for that race. He still keeps all wins and points earned prior to that time.

302cj

Twelve Pointer
Maybe I"m not following some of the reasoning here but my take on it is that they loose all points for that race, the one they were caught cheating on. Not ALL their points. So if Harvick wins the first race and then gets caught cheating in the 10th race he only loses points earned in that race except for the one point he would get for that race. He still keeps all wins and points earned prior to that time.
Yeah thats what Im hearing on radio by Larry Mac and moody. Just that race they were caught on.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
That's right. Just speculating on what, if anything, NASCAR could do if some driver cheated multiple times after winning a race. Would NASCAR do anything to a chronic cheater? Say Harvick wins Daytona and then cheats in the next 25 consecutive races. It appears he only loses money and 25 crew chiefs.

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Will be interesting first time this happens of course stands will be empty by time find out real winner.

Bailey Boat

Ten Pointer
How about the first time we slap you on the wrist and tell you to not do that again. NEXT time you're out for the year and on probation the following year?? If the penalty don't hurt it ain't a penalty.... And I'm not even a fan!!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
NASCAR can't manage to stop digging once they find themselves in a hole. Just when I was thinking of tuning in and seeing if I could stomach the stage racing. Oh well. I'll probably go shoot my bow instead.

specialk

Ten Pointer
Crew chiefs(not drivers) have always pushed the envelope and will do so this year as well.....i'm just glad nascar is back.....

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
They got 2 choices ouch the envelope of fall behind and play catch up now there is difference between that and blatant cheating. That first time is gonna suck if you went to race gonna leave bad taste to find out different winner when get home

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How about they spend less time worrying about the cheaters and more time getting rid of so many of the rules that restrict innovation.. should be a pretty basic set of rules and let them doodle in the margins. Everything they have tried to do to make it "more competitive" has screwed it up. Lots of stuff they could do.. but none of it will work. They sold out years ago to the corporate money and they drove away many of the base fans.. now the johnny come lately fans have found something else to do and they can't get the base back..

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Cheating is a tradition older than NASCAR. They’re just gonna create better cheaters. The other thing they could is repeal 9/10 of the rule book and just let’em freaking race...

MtnMan

Eight Pointer
Nascar should start fining the team owners . Don't eject the team members. When the owners start losing a big chunk of money the cheating will diminish. Never will completely stop.

DrAsus

Spike
How about the first time we slap you on the wrist and tell you to not do that again. NEXT time you're out for the year and on probation the following year?? If the penalty don't hurt it ain't a penalty.... And I'm not even a fan!!!
Exactly!!!

If you do the crime.....you do the time.

DrAsus