NASCAR merger

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not sure the public will notice any changes, as I really don't see that much has changed with this. Both NASCAR and ISC were and are majority owned by the France family and its corporations. I personally see it as some type of money transfer scam pulled by the majority holders.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I thought Bruton was majority of ISC?

He owns SMI, Speedway Motorsports Inc.
Not the same as ISC, (International Speedway Corporation).. They are actually competing entities that may just play a part in this merger. Time will tell. The France empire doesn't play well with intruders, and have long had issues with Bruton. That may actually be a play that is going on with this new transfer. I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
With no more fan draw and interest than there has been in NASCAR over the last several years I keep thinking something will have to change. I dont see it goimg away totally but I could see a shorter season possibly, which many of the drivers have expressed interest in. When Jimmy Johnson and Martin Truex both had sponsors pullout of the industry it was because they were making tons of money in NASCAR. You can't get a bigger name than thise two.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I thought it waz kind of funny that F1 race yesterday had 350,000 people at the race yet Nascar had some 50 to 80k people.
I remember waiting for years just to buy tickets at some races.
Wonder if the new cars and rules will change things. I bet the larger wheels will be hard for some to get hold of.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
When Jimmy Johnson and Martin Truex both had sponsors pullout of the industry it was because they were making tons of money in NASCAR. You can't get a bigger name than thise two.
Don't follow, why pull out if they were making a ton of money.
I see it the flip, they were not making enough to justify the cost of those names.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Wouldn't bother me a bit if they shortened the season there are few races I don't even bother recording
Something like the F1 or indy season. Need some breaks in it and longer off season. Maybe even do some no points racing outside the normal season as tests.
Need more road racing and dump some 1.5 mile clone tracks.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Seems to me, when they ran the Busch Series in Mexico and Montreal they always had pretty good crowds. And that exhibition race in Japan..... even with the rain there was a huge crowd. The trucks always pull a good crowd at Mosport and there is a NASCAR sanctioned series in Canada. Wonder why they don't try to go international other than everything is road courses. Lots a race fans in Mexico and Europe.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
Seems to me, when they ran the Busch Series in Mexico and Montreal they always had pretty good crowds. And that exhibition race in Japan..... even with the rain there was a huge crowd. The trucks always pull a good crowd at Mosport and there is a NASCAR sanctioned series in Canada. Wonder why they don't try to go international other than everything is road courses. Lots a race fans in Mexico and Europe.
All the Mexicans are up here .

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I know it seems that way sometimes but if you happened to watch the Formula 1 race Sunday you would understand what I meant.