NAA .22 mag variants

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I think I want one. Need something real small for work carry when I’m wearing quickdry material pants. Any experiences good or bad? I seem to be between the pug and the original model right now.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I own a couple and carry one on occasion. Practice with it but be warned repeat use it will sting your hand. I guess because it's so small. They make a laser for it now but I haven't tried it but id bet it be helpful.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
What model do you recommend? I’m not too recoil sensitive, I’ve shot plenty of large revolvers but I’m sure the rubber grips help a lot.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Believe it or not, the 1 5/8" barrels will yield almost 100 fps more velocity (with some loads) than the shorter 1 1/8" versions. The slip-on rubber grip is the best option for control and it's just "tacky" enough to help keep the gun situated properly in your pocket. I've carried this one for about 30 years.

ETA: I shoot these little fire-breathing dragons. They do about 1100 fps in my gun IIRC and they'll penetrate 7 layers of Kevlar in soft body armor. Nothing to sneeze at, believe me.

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Both of mine are 22 mag with rosewood grips. I love it because it is easily concealed. On the range it's not a gun you'll shoot repeatedly for a long time. I have no issues with the gun I've never shot the pug version .

rdennis

Spike
I have had one for years, first was the original rose handle it's ok but I like the Pug a lot better you have more control.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have had one of various models for years. I have carried a Black Widow since they came out. Adjustable sight model.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
bunch a' dang river boat gamblers,,,,,tsk tsk tsk,,,,,derringers in your vest,,,,

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Got 3 of them.
Great little pocket carry for swim trunks or somer shorts....
Fun little gun, one has 22lr and 22 mag cyl.

rutnstrut

Ten Pointer
I have the original in 22 mag. Love the little gun because there is no reason not to have it on you as small as it is. I keep mine loaded with fmj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
bunch a' dang river boat gamblers,,,,,tsk tsk tsk,,,,,derringers in your vest,,,,
What is not to like about them? They are easier to maneuver than a knife and longer than a stick. LOL Depending on the situation I planned on using mine for it usually was in my back pocket all summer with shot cartridges, it has been the demise of many a slithering varmint.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
oh don't get me wrong,,,ain't sure why I never got one,,,misplaced priorities I guess,,,

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
I carry the holster grip. Usually 22 mag but I have lr too. I like that it gives me longer grip and feels safer with the trigger covered when carrying. I carry it more than all my other guns combined

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
I've had a .22LR version for over 25 yrs. I call mine "Always" as its small enough to always be with me. My oldest son has one in .22 WMR. Mine is also my ENT gun, as I practice placing the rounds into the Eyes, Nose and Throat. Most effective that way. Been thinking also of getting a KelTec P32. Problem of making the gun big enough to hold onto ie larger grips is that it makes it bigger defeating the smallest package to carry. Always trade offs.
1103132058-00.jpg

CD

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
These little guns fill a very narrow and specialized niche in the overall scheme of "being armed". 99% of the people I know can easily carry something better for the same effort. Carrying one of these as primary weapon isn't a good idea for most people in most circumstances.

I carried mine in two general circumstances;

(1) When I was a LEO, I carried it as a back-up to my back-up. It was carried in a deeply concealed location.

(2) When I want to be armed while participating in water activities and wearing nothing but swim trunks, I carry it in a Zip-Lock freezer bag.

I've had a number of nearsighted folks ask about my "Freezer Bag" carry method. My response is simply this .... "How far away were you from your gun the last time you were in the deep end of a pool or standing waist deep in the surf?"

However long it takes, I'm betting I'll get to my gun long before you'll get to yours.

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is the cheapest source I've found for the slip-on rubber grip if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/North-Amer...volver-Slip-On-Rubber-Grip-GSO-M/321801872796

*put a very light coat of lube on the frame before forcing the grip onto the frame. It will mitigate corrosion from forming under the grip and also prevent the grip from splitting.

This is the holster I use. There are better options, but you'll pay a good bit more for them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Galco-Pock...h=item3d64f52674:g:0MQAAOSw88Ra-aYe:rk:2:pf:0

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
The rubber grips seem a little grabby for pocket or waist carry. I’ll see how unbearable the wood grips are to shoot before I go that route.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
Shot today. 15 40 grain magnums and 15 stingers from the LR cylinder. It’s definitely not unbearable at all to shoot. I could have shot the whole rack of magnums and been fine. Maybe these little grips just fit me, but I expected a lot worse. I also expected worse accuracy. From 21 ft I had no issues hitting a man-size target. 10ft I could group. I’d think with more practice and different ammos I could get 5 in a head size target at 21ft. Overall impressed with this thing.