N.C. hunter charged with multiple wildlife violations

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I am going to step out on a limb and say you are totally off base making a blanket statement like this because someone kills nice bucks consistently. I know many good hunters that put in serious time all year long looking and learning the animals they hunt. They constantly kill nice animals every year. In fact you could put them on any piece of property and they will kill a nice buck legally given enough time. I would say that you stepping out on this limb and lumping good hunters into this group is not a good thing for any hunters and is not becoming.

I'm going to step out on a limb and say "anyone who kills that big of deer consistently in NC " is poaching

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I am going to step out on a limb and say you are totally off base making a blanket statement like this because someone kills nice bucks consistently. I know many good hunters that put in serious time all year long looking and learning the animals they hunt. They constantly kill nice animals every year. In fact you could put them on any piece of property and they will kill a nice buck legally given enough time. I would say that you stepping out on this limb and lumping good hunters into this group is not a good thing for any hunters and is not becoming.

I agree 25, but I also think Helium meant it differently. His "that big of deer consistently" comment has some merit. Bucks like that are hard to come by even on the best deer dirt in NC.

I'm certain that if you were turned loose in Person/Guilford/Granville etc., you would be killing the best bucks the area had to offer.

Last edited:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'm going to step out on a limb and say "anyone who kills that big of deer consistently in NC " is poaching

Yes, No...

If they have access to a lots of good land, it isn't ridiculous. If they have lots of that most precious resource, time, and a strong back, it isn't that ridiculous. If all they have is gamelands or a club membership in a so-so club, the suspicion is merited.

I used to work out with a guy that had a fair amount of free time, but mostly was in incredible shape, and would walk further into the gamelands than most, scouted a LOT, got out early with a climber, and always took a nice buck from Jordan Game Land.

There are plenty of fisherman that manage to consistently catch more, big bass than most. They aren't cheating. So it all depends.

Just like duck hunters. Some have way more private, desirable hunting spots than the rest of us, some have private impoundments, some manage to scout like crazy and get on the X well further away from anyone else, and some bait or shoot the roost past LST.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It's gonna be word of mouth unless someone over in Guilford goes by the courthouse and check the status on the courthouse terminal after it is tried. Once it goes off the pending cases that will be the only way to know what happened unless we hear from someone who knows. I've got 3 cases I"m keeping an eye on so will know when it actually is cleared from the calendar.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's gonna be word of mouth unless someone over in Guilford goes by the courthouse and check the status on the courthouse terminal after it is tried. Once it goes off the pending cases that will be the only way to know what happened unless we hear from someone who knows. I've got 3 cases I"m keeping an eye on so will know when it actually is cleared from the calendar.
So what info would I need if I were to go check it at the terminal? Name? Case number?One of my offices is caddy corner to the courthouse downtown. I may be able to be in that office that day or day after....

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
This is what is on the pending cases site for this defendant. I have been told that any outcomes are only available at the courthouse in the county listed so once it doesn't show up on the pending site any more I guess it has been tried. You should be able to find it by doing a defendant search I guess. The "W" numbers are the violation codes. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in the outcome. I've got no idea how quickly the file is updated after the case is disposed but you would think it would be pretty quickly.

SOUTHERN,D WRC 04/10/2018 GUILFORD AM HP01 THOUSAND,CHARLES,DUANE,III W0306325
SOUTHERN,D WRC 04/10/2018 GUILFORD AM HP01 THOUSAND,CHARLES,DUANE,III W0306338
SOUTHERN,D WRC 04/10/2018 GUILFORD AM HP01 THOUSAND,CHARLES,DUANE,III W0306339

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Wonder if Carolinasportsman will interview him about early trial success tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wonder if Carolinasportsman will interview him about early trial success tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We might need to send them reminder via email...... court date update and such.... pre interview and post court interviews will get many views

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I saw where Mr. Thousand had a court date on January 3 but I cannot find anything online about it. Does anyone know any thing?