myrtle beach

chef

Ten Pointer
kids have fall break and we are going to myrtle friday and saturday. is it worth bringing the rod to fish in front of the condo? i have heard that being such a flat structure-less beach myrtle isn't really good fishing.

fishinRod

Ten Pointer
the short answer is no. Because of what you said. But who knows right? If you want to fish go to Huntington Beach state park. Go to the parking area to the left of the main entrance. Walk to the jetty. It’s about a mile

hclaye25

Four Pointer
You can't catch fish if you don't go. I would use bottom rigs with small pieces of shrimp and bloodworms. There are always hungry croakers, spot, and blues around. The kids would probably have a good time.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is actually some decent fishing around the canals and docks. If you could rent a boat you may have a real good time.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I used to think no as well. But one day I was snorkling on a calm day out in about 4-5 ft of wter and I kept swimming over flounder after flounder after flounder. There are nice flounder there , some nice trout and the ICW even has big blue cats behind the Bass pro.