my wife loves me,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
she went up to the Raleigh Farmers Market this AM to get my middle daughter and me some crawdads,,,,no go on them as they were sold out (guess that is yet another excuse to make a run to Washington county),,,

so she picked up some fresh softshell crabs, a Spanish mackerel, and some dry pack scallops,,,,,,,,let it be known that I LOVE the dry pack scallops they have at Local Seafood,,,,,,

anyhow,,,baked the mackerel with a simple sauce (basil, tomato, garlic, garlic pepper, Italian dressing, and some tapenade),

quick seared the scallops in a little butter and bacon grease,,,,(no seasoning needed other than what it's cooked in thank you)

and the soft shells....cleaned, coated with yellow corn meal with some garlic pepper,,,,cooked in a few inches of oil,,,then put on an onion roll with a "tartar sauce" made with Mayonnaise, chopped pickle, and some horseradish,,,,

also had some steamed cabbage (vegetables are important too!)

life is good

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am not a big mackerel fan, but I remember eating Spanish when we I lived in Fla. Best I remember I liked it. The rest sounds GREAT.