My Tag out buck for 2021

Bean

Eight Pointer
Didn't even think twice about posting this deer until last night when I saw Jugs post about how was the 2021 season. I tagged out on this one right before thanksgiving but never got him posted on here. I lost my Father the night of Thanksgiving and the deer just never crossed my mind again. Had some history with this deer last year and just knew he would turn into something special this year but low and behold he didn't grow a bit. Its something how these animals are creatures of habit. He showed last year on the 20th of November hung around a few days and was gone. Well he came back this year on the morning of the 20th and crossed a powerline at about 300yds I decided to swing at him cause I really wanted to get out of the woods and go see dad at the Hospital so I fired one off at him and shot under him. While I am on one end of the powerline looking for him he has circled me to the opposite end and was standing in my cornpile for about 20minutes lol my luck. Dad got out of the Hospital on the 21st and I was off work so I hit it pretty hard and caught up with him the morning of the 23rd when he chased a doe out into the powerline. He was inside of 40 yds that time and that was a mistake. I got him home and cleaned up and took pics but dad started getting back bad off that evening and I never posted him up. 10pt.jpg10pt3.jpg10pt2.jpg

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Dang….Congrats on a fine buck. Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Great buck. Sorry for the loss of your dad. Mine passed 4 years ago so I understand the loss. Thanks for sharing.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice sad daddy buck you got . I lost my dad in 2015. We hunted together for the last time in 2014. He was my turkey hunting partner for about 15 years.
I hate it for you and your family.

Bean

Eight Pointer
Thanks guys I appreciate it. It’s been tough times I won’t lie we were extremely close which makes it ten times harder. But we are all getting by best we can. He always taught us to be tough cause tough times don’t last but tough people do. We just never know. I’ve told about everybody I can that if you still got your daddy hug him and tell him you love him cause when you can’t it’s a terrible thing which y’all already know.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks guys I appreciate it. It’s been tough times I won’t lie we were extremely close which makes it ten times harder. But we are all getting by best we can. He always taught us to be tough cause tough times don’t last but tough people do. We just never know. I’ve told about everybody I can that if you still got your daddy hug him and tell him you love him cause when you can’t it’s a terrible thing which y’all already know.
Wise words.
I am sure he would be proud of you sharing them in his honor.