My sunflowers

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Gotta admit they make for easy lookin’ while sitting on the front porch! People have been stopping by asking if they can take pics. Neighbor’s family just left with their kids from taking pics. I’ll admit. I took the easy route. Just tilled it and top sewed them and went over with Cultipacker. Plain ol $23/bag bird seed sunflowers but for the last 2 years, the doves don’t seem to care.
The best pics will be taken in September with a tired Boykin beside a pile of doves!6425357B-17AC-4DAB-AC53-564B0DA50BD8.jpeg0A0672ED-19D7-45AD-A585-877872991ECF.jpeg69294E60-8DDB-4EA0-BA26-0860BA9298EC.jpeg

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They sure are pretty to look at.

I planted a few corn strips in our sunflower field this year, and my wife let me know she did not like that. It breaks up her view apparently.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I might be running on borrowed time but I’m yet to have any deer mess with mine. And it damn sure ain’t from a lack of’em.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
They sure are pretty to look at.

I planted a few corn strips in our sunflower field this year, and my wife let me know she did not like that. It breaks up her view apparently.

I’m gonna let the big long patch Rest next year and probably plant a forage soybean. The next year, I’ll plant sunflowers again but I told my wife, I’ll keep a 54” strip mowed clean right down through the middle of’em for pictures. I’ve got shortleaf pines planted right up to edges and the only place for good pics is at either end of the field. There’s a huge subdivision about a half mile from there. I’m thinking about gettin some fliers made and advertising for picture opportunities. For a small fee of course.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There’s a huge subdivision about a half mile from there. I’m thinking about gettin some fliers made and advertising for picture opportunities. For a small fee of course.

Plant hemp and you'll be able to charge your price of admission, maybe some shady hispanic dudes at the entrance and you can be sure that you'll get rich charging admission to your very own "U-Pik" field.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Plant hemp and you'll be able to charge your price of admission, maybe some shady hispanic dudes at the entrance and you can be sure that you'll get rich charging admission to your very own "U-Pik" field.

I actually planted a decent patch of sun hemp for my goats but the rabbits worked on it pretty hard.