My sons first real trip

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
We took him fishing last year when he was 3 but that was not a success as he paid no attention. Went today explained the details and he took it and ran. We put 50+ bream and crappie on the bank mostly little guys but 1 or 2 good ones.

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Good times for sure. Spend all the time you can with him he will never forget it.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Good times !
Making great memories !

Print the pics so he has them when he's your age.
I left way too many digital and lost them.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna take him back tomorrow. Saw a couple big carp cruising the other day and think I may throw some corn out and try to catch something big

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Saw a couple big carp cruising the other day and think I may throw some corn out and try to catch something big

for a small bit we lived in a small town (West Bend) in Wisconsin and our house was a few blocks from the Milwaukee River,,,caught many a carp out of there,,,worms or corn depending on what I had,,,

then in the spring the Northern Pike would run,,,,talk about a blast for an 8 year old exploring on his own (different times, different place),,

carp are a strong pulling machine,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
for a small bit we lived in a small town (West Bend) in Wisconsin and our house was a few blocks from the Milwaukee River,,,caught many a carp out of there,,,worms or corn depending on what I had,,,

then in the spring the Northern Pike would run,,,,talk about a blast for an 8 year old exploring on his own (different times, different place),,

carp are a strong pulling machine,,,,

Yeah the one I saw cruising close to bank was easily 15 to 20lbs. Would have wrecked the little guys spiderman rod lol.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Would have wrecked the little guys spiderman rod lol.

so my mom talked me into taking my sister (year younger than me) one day,,,,so we are on the bank of the river, I cast out and put my rod resting on a forked stick in the ground,,,,got my sister situated with her cane pole and went to watching my line (I was an intense line watcher back then),,,,she was whining that "something" wasn't doing right - I stepped over to help her and just as I got three feet from my rod it bent down to the water, slammed the forked stick flat, and away that rod went,,,that carp was a WORLD record for sure,,,,

when the river went down that summer (drought) I found my rod,,,,

good times with big carp,,,hope you guys get one