My sons first archery bird

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Wow awesome footage!! Looks like he nicked the nose dangly thing. How close were those birds?! 5 yards?

Yeah close... We laughed a good 15 minutes on youth day when my nephew (10 years old standing over his first bird) said, "look... he has a horn," and my son said, "no... that's his snoogle".... Good times....

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I look forward to learnin enough to take my youngin huntin and make some good memoires with, Itll stick with him his whole life and he will smile at it later on

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That is some of the best video I've ever seen. I especially like the "true" sound effect. The "Pro" videos have so much ridiculous music playing that you can't hear anything else.

OnslowDeerMan

I was like awesome another animal down for bux and his son!! Then I was like oh okay well he sure put the smackdown on that decoy!! Haha I'm sure he'll get em next time, I always enjoy yalls photo's. Keep up the good work

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
There is a lot of awesome in those videos. I am filming a hunt on Monday and hope to even get video half that great.
Well done sir!!!!!!!!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
those are as good of videos as I have seen anywhere.
the turkey's head through the fan is outstanding.

I admire your son for trying the tough one. he almost connected.

Super video.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for all the positive comments. We haven't been all week. I hope we can get out there tomorrow. I'm going to try to post my nephews hunt from youth day. The video isn't very good quality since he came in right off the limb, but it is still unique. He was looking for love in the wrong place, lol...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's some awesome video..I've never seen a mature bird so set on whipping up on a decoy. But that was a really good decoy, so that may make the difference.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
That's some awesome video..I've never seen a mature bird so set on whipping up on a decoy. But that was a really good decoy, so that may make the difference.

Then you will love this video. This bird comes on a dead sprint from 300+ yards and sails on the decoy. Maybe it was something I said? Lol.
To this date it is the biggest bird I've seen die. Spurs were 1 1/2". It was the third week of the season. They had been hunted fairly hard by others.

http://youtu.be/OHVOd5JlLvI

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was watching your nephews video, and this one popped up again. I never noticed the spurs on that bird. Those are something else.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
That's amazing. You must be in turkey heaven. Did he get the second bird?

I do not have a double on film. If you are talking about the video "Neils Hunt 2012".... While it would have been easy to double up, and I had a tag left, my quota for that club is 2 birds. My son had taken a youth day bird off that club earlier. So we just watched them act a fool and enjoyed the show.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I was watching your nephews video, and this one popped up again. I never noticed the spurs on that bird. Those are something else.

You talking about the one my son grazed? He is a stud. I haven't seen or heard him since. I hope he comes back.