My season may be over

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hunted this morning on public land. Got down around 10 and found some fresh rubs and a scrape close to acorns. Went home and did some chores to make my wife happy. Was cutting a tree when he crashed down on my foot. Knew I broke it immediately. Xrays confirmed the break. Go to ortho Monday- praying it’s not going to need surgery. As a public land bowhunter, don’t think I will be cleared until Dec at the earliest. Going to have to live through you all.

NCBowhunter84

Button Buck
I’d be limping my butt in to climb a tree. On the other hand I’m not too smart though! Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up quick and kill a big one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks all for the kind words. My 4 year old son said, “dad as soon as you’re better, you are going to go kill a big deer and then you can take me when I turn 5”.

Got my words of motivation.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Sorry to hear, my 3 5 and 8 yos All chomping to go. Come on up to PA late season Flintlock after Christmas. I’ve got one you can use. Easy as a 500 yard walk or dangling for dear life.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Last year I had to wear a cast from my toes to my knee from July - middle of November. I was in the woods bow season, muzzleload and first 2 weeks ok gun with a trash bag wrap on the cast. Still shot deer Hope you get a chance to get out there this year

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Sorry to hear, my 3 5 and 8 yos All chomping to go. Come on up to PA late season Flintlock after Christmas. I’ve got one you can use. Easy as a 500 yard walk or dangling for dear life.
Thanks for that offer. I may be taking you up on that offer.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Last year I had to wear a cast from my toes to my knee from July - middle of November. I was in the woods bow season, muzzleload and first 2 weeks ok gun with a trash bag wrap on the cast. Still shot deer Hope you get a chance to get out there this year
That’s hard core. I am sure i will end up trying something lol...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry to hear about your troubles. Adapt and overcome, you're still able to hunt so make the best of it.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Very sorry to hear about your troubles. Adapt and overcome, you're still able to hunt so make the best of it.
Thanks. Hard part for me is I will be limited as I hike in on most gameland. Will have to find some spots I don’t have to walk in far with crutches :)

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
I have a set of camp wrap crutches if you want. I also had triple by surgery and was back in the woods 13 days after getting out of hospital. Still had my chest clamped together finished out deer season with a handgun