My rifle

Stevejrnc

Spike
Well haven’t killed a deer to post pictures of so I figured id say hello since I’m new here 👋 and share some pics of my rifle
Get some opinions
My son of 17 says it’s small and I should get a .300 win mag like Chris Kyle

So hello I’m steven live in downtown raleigh
rifle is ruger American
Barrel has a burnt bronze finish
Camo stock
6.5 creedmore
Added a bi pod $20 off amazon
And a leupold American marksman 3x9x40

7E808C11-A147-4EE7-9BB5-C07F3E2D53CA.jpeg7549D942-E423-4CD7-A9ED-C5E568DD7B4D.jpeg

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Welcome. The 6.5 will be a fine rifle. Your toe kicks are spotless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Your son has been duped, like many, that bigger is better.
The opposite is usually the case.
Your rifle is fine for every animal in the lower 48 with the right bullet and range.
It probably drives tacks with min recoil......SO YOU WILL PRACTICE!
I don't know many who WANT TO PRACTICE with their 300 Mag.

Welcome.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I Like the gun.
like the color. Im shooting the same with factory green stock and blue finish.
Has done great. Only thing I dislike is the hollow sound from the stock. The sling on it and moving around in the stand is very loud.
Going to work on something to deaden the sound by filling the stock or replacing it.

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Welcome to the forum. Sadly there are several of us that lost all of our firearms in a horrible boating accident,you may be one of the fewer members who still has a rifle.
Thanks for sharing. Nice rifle and a darn clean floor to boot.
I had no idea you guys were in the other boat,, man I lost mine as well in same accident,, I'm sorry for your loss,,welcome steven,,great group of guys and info here..

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Your son knows everything at this moment in time. Give him a few years and he will learn that he doesn't know squat at all right now.

Go shoot some deer and show him how well it does

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I Like the gun.
like the color. Im shooting the same with factory green stock and blue finish.
Has done great. Only thing I dislike is the hollow sound from the stock. The sling on it and moving around in the stand is very loud.
Going to work on something to deaden the sound by filling the stock or replacing it.
Spray foam is stock works good

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Used that a few times with good luck.
Last time it would never set up and was a PITA. ... ended up being sticky for a week so I packed foodlion bags in it to plug and fill.
That's the gayest thing I've read today.

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
That's the gayest thing I've read today.

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
But it worked. Cut the sound better and even added a little weight for Better balance.
BTW it was a cheap R700 stock. From the factory they have packing foam in them.

Last edited:

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
But it worked. Cut the sound better and even added a little weight for Better balance.
BTW it was a cheat R700 stock. From the factory they have packing foam in them.

I have no doubts it worked, but that still sounded a little funny to me...lol

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Only thing I dislike is the hollow sound from the stock. The sling on it and moving around in the stand is very loud.
I filled the hollow baffles with silicon in the fore end, and packed food lion bags in the rear of the stock real tight with a long screwdriver. Also put a couple of 2 ounce fishing weights at the half way point in the rear of the stock, the plastic bags packed in tight hold them in place. Really helped with the rigidity of the stock and reduced the recoil some also!