My lifemate is gone.

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
So sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what its like to be married for years and then one day part of you is gone. Will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days. Stay strong God will see you thru

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
How you doin?
Tolerable. Still find myself listening for her rattling around the house but silence is all I get. Sleep where she used to and can still smell her on the pillows. See her influence everywhere I look in the house; her things, her clothes, her flair for decorating ever present; I don't think that will ever go away.

It's going to take some time; the kids will come about every other day and help me with the fridge, the cupboard, her meds, cleaning house, etc.. My sister, neighbors and friends have been bringing more food than I could ever eat. Last couple days were spent moving all the dialysis supplies out of the bedroom for pickup and cleaning it. Breaks in the lifting and lugging were taken up going through all our photo albums looking for pictures to be scanned and used in a closed loop video at the memorial. That was rough but heart warming at the same time remembering all the traveling we did reflected in the photo-op shots taken in far away places. We both loved traveling and did so until her medical condition brought it to a halt so in time I'll take a few of her ashes and head somewhere overseas if Covid allows. A good friend in England has developed Parkinsons and I'd like to see him again before it's too late.

I thank you for the asking, and appreciate the prayers. RT

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their concerns and prayers. It's comforting to know there are so many good people on the forum who would take the time to say some comforting words and offer prayers for my dear wife and her survivors. Ours was a long relationship by today's standards and I was fortunate to be coupled with a lady who was as kind, sincere and caring as my Roseann was and she will be missed terribly.

If you have someone you love with all your heart, I'd beseech you to go to them, hug them long and hard, let them know how much they mean to you, and Thank God for the part they play in your life and happiness, and then you'll know how I feel about the little Colorado girl who gave me so many years of joy.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m so sorry to hear that. That numbness and pain is slow to abate, but the Lord is faithful to show Himself as the God of all Comfort. He will do that through His Spirit, through your friends, and through the good memories.

God bless you friend.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Im so glad you have fond memories. My heart just breaks for you. Im telling you, if you hit a hard spot and need help there are plenty of people here, but without posting all your life you can message me directly. Don’t know what I’m much good for, but you’d have an ear and a prayer at least.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Im so glad you have fond memories. My heart just breaks for you. Im telling you, if you hit a hard spot and need help there are plenty of people here, but without posting all your life you can message me directly. Don’t know what I’m much good for, but you’d have an ear and a prayer at least.
Much obliged friend!