My dog

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, shameless brag time. This dog never ceases to amaze me. Ok girl turns 6 in April and I sure wish she had a “critterometer” on her so I could keep up with everything this dogs brought back. Today I had a couple friends come to the house. We walked my 6 acre of pines/shrubs that were planted last year. Hunting rabbits in thick stuff is sporty as hell with a flushing dog. Mans gotta be on his A game. We were not, but still had a ball. Jumped 17 and 2 went to the skillet in the sky. Proud of the ol’ girl. She never skipped a beat fetching those rabbits!!842DB295-96D1-4FEA-993B-A0747267F77E.jpeg

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I've hunted with several Boykins and they are truly "The Hunters Companion". They are happy hunting but just as happy sitting by your side listening to whatever you have on your mind... Rarely do they have an opinion so they make great listeners....

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
I've been considering looking into getting a Boykin as my next dog. I know they have a strong prey drive, but are they low key enough to follow along with you on walks without not tearing off and not returning? For example, a beagle - if he locks onto a smell and he's not on a leash, he ain't coming back until he's done.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I've been considering looking into getting a Boykin as my next dog. I know they have a strong prey drive, but are they low key enough to follow along with you on walks without not tearing off and not returning? For example, a beagle - if he locks onto a smell and he's not on a leash, he ain't coming back until he's done.

Just like any dog, if they have no discipline, you’re asking for issues. Mine is very birdy/prey driven but heel means heel and no means no. There’s a time to play and a time to listen.