My Dad

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know many of you enjoy the hunting exploits of my octogenarian father. He is finishing up his last turkey season, having a big party and coming back to North Carolina with me. His heart, lungs, and kidneys are giving out. He is leaving the hospital tomorrow AMA. I had to fight with Hospice because they did not want him to travel or fly, preferring he stay on bedrest with a morphine drip and daily dialysis. They do want him on strict diabetic diet. After hunting this Saturday we are having a big party with shrimp, lobster, cheesecake and beer. He is riding back to NC with me to prepare for his guided trip to California with my brother. Then we will head back to NY sit in our rockers looking at the mountains until it is his time to meet his maker.

Yes I am sad but he is leaving this world on his terms and with dignity and having said his goodbyes to all those he cares for...
dad 1962.pnggreen plaid.jpegdad1.JPG

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I know many of you enjoy the hunting exploits of my octogenarian father. He is finishing up his last turkey season, having a big party and coming back to North Carolina with me. His heart, lungs, and kidneys are giving out. He leaving the hospital tomorrow AMA. I had to fight with Hospice because they did not want him to travel or fly, preferring he stay on bedrest with a morphine drip and daily dialysis. They do want him on strict diabetic diet. After hunting this Saturday we are having a big party with shrimp, lobster, cheesecake and beer. He is riding back to NC with me to prepare for his guided trip to California with my brother. Then we will head back to NY sit in our rockers looking at the mountains until it is his time to meet his maker.

Yes I am sad but he is leaving this world on his terms and with dignity and having said his goodbyes to all those he cares for...

Cigars and whisky for the elderly!

You’re a good man!

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Prayers sent for you and your family and your dad. I'll have to look up your other posts about him, as I have not seen them. Love the ones you shared here. Kol hakavod to your dad, which means all the honor/respect/well done!

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I mean this with the utmost respect, I absolutely love this post. Not the situation itself. I hate that it’s coming to this for him and you, but hot damn that’s how I wanna go out. Live up them final days and I wish you and him the most joy and peace. I’ve seen too many people die alone or die without dignity. Neither will be the case in this situation.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All we can ever hope for is to live until we die, and it seems like he has been lucky enough to do just that. Enjoy the time you have left.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I mean this with the utmost respect, I absolutely love this post. Not the situation itself. I hate that it’s coming to this for him and you, but hot damn that’s how I wanna go out. Live up them final days and I wish you and him the most joy and peace. I’ve seen too many people die alone or die without dignity. Neither will be the case in this situation.
110% agree

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Wow! What a mixture of emotions. Your Dad, is an inspiration to keep living life to the fullest.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Agree with all been said glad he is able to do it his way dignity does matter sounds like y'all have had lots good times will keep y'all in prayers

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
That your Father can call the shots and go to the end of the road on his own terms is something many of us hope to manage. My wife was on in home dialysis for her last 5/6 years so I know what he's going through; hopefully he'll get more time than he's expecting. The best to you and your family!