My best friend died today.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Got terrible news Is hoped to never get. My best friend died this evening saving his daughter from a.rip current in Holden beach. We been friends for 37 years.hunted and fished all over the country.killed tons of deer and turkeys together. Turkey hunting was our mojo.didnt matter what was going on we always hunted at least a few times together last few years. Never felt pain like this and have lost many friends and family. I'm Lost and broken.but know he died a hero saving his daughter and her friend.He was a deacon at his local church in wadeviile. I ask all who read this to.pray for his wife and children .His oldest son Jordan loved hunting and fishing with his father. I'm going do my best to take him as often as I can.Its the.least I can do to pass on old stories of hints and places me and his dad hunted and fished. He is good friends with my sons also And I only hope they can be as tight as we were. Van Allen Whitely . brother I'm going to miss you forever.And can't wait to go on our next adventure in heaven . Love you buddy.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So sorry to hear that….Lost my best buddy about 4 years ago to a brain aneurysm…. I am still actively hunting with his grown sons….. I still miss him dearly ….. prayers sent for peace and comfort for you and his family….. you have some tough days ahead….

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry to hear this, a good friend can never be replaced. Prayers sent for Peace and Comfort, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Very sorry to hear this.
Prayers for the family and you and other friends.
My buddy passed 8 years and 5 months ago. I still talk about him and tell stories. I miss him all the time. He had a way of making me laugh to tears.
Maybe one day we'll chase ducks together again...

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for your loss, and praying for all who loved him.

Those rip currents sure are dangerous. People need to learn to stay away and how to get out if ever caught in one. :(