Muzzleloader Shotgun Turkey Hunting?

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I just recently bought an older model Knight TK 2000 for turkey hunting this year and was wondering who else has taken up the challenge before?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just recently bought an older model Knight TK 2000 for turkey hunting this year and was wondering who else has taken up the challenge before?

Several here I think.

Will be some good info!! Hopefully 1 partic person won’t bring up shooting 45/50 cal balls thru a smooth bore!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Windini

Spike
Several here I think.

Will be some good info!! Hopefully 1 partic person won’t bring up shooting 45/50 cal balls thru a smooth bore!! :ROFLMAO:
What?! I just got here! Anyway, my blunderbuss is .54 cal...:p

Guess Ill just go conventional again this year: 870

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lawnscaper, I hope my comic comment doesn’t result in sabotaging your thread!! :sneaky:

What loads & shot size do you plan to use? A friend of mine uses #5 lead but is looking for some #7 tss.

I’m not sure about his powder preferences.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I just bought a couple of pounds of #5 from Knight going to do some shooting this weekend can you shoot tss in a TK2000? Would be interesting to see how it pattern out of a jug type barrel

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't know what a TK2000 is but I've turkey hunted with a couple different .54cal/28ga smoothbore Flintlocks.
FWIW, this is the shot load I used in a T/C Hawken with a drop-in Green Mountain .54cal/28ga smoothbore barrel.
Head/neck shots out to 20-25yds with no choke / cylinder bore.
70grns Goex 3F
2 Oxyoke prelubed felt OP wads
100grn measure of #5 shot (1+3/8oz)
.030" Circle Fly OS card
Example:

Last edited:

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
Dang cool right there. I would love to do that one day. Got to looking the other day to see if I could find a old TC treehawk with the shotgun barrel to get my hands on. They were hard to find for sure.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Yeah, I've shot them with a bow and I'm shot them with regular shotguns but never with a muzzle loading shotgun so this will be a new experience, it took me five years to shoot one with a bow and arrow I hope it don't take that long the shoot one with a muzzle loading shotgun