Muzzle loading loads and rifles

DaddyRat

Four Pointer
Knight wolverine, 100 grains FFG, musket cap, 240 grain xtp. Accurate and deer is down in short order.

Larry Eckart

Four Pointer
CVA Optima ; Bushnell Banner scope
80 grains BH 209 by volume (I'm more accurate with a lighter load)
240 grain Hornady XTP (green jacket)

I don't plan on taking shots beyond 125 yards.

herman

Six Pointer
You’re asking for trouble using smokeless powder in a muzzleloader that wasn’t designed for it. That’s a recipe for missing fingers.
He may have meant pyrodex pistol powder.Many years ago I went with a fellow to zero his rem muzzleloader in but it wouldn't shoot anything we tried.i noticed he had some pyrodex pistol so told him to try some of that dang if he shot several 3 shot groups and all were one holers.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
In my CVA Optima my most accurate load is 90 g x v of BH 209 behind a Power Belt 295 gRN. HP. Using a cheddite primer. I try to keep my shots inside of 200 yd's.

Fur&Fin

Button Buck
In my CVA Accura V2, I use 110 gr BH209 by volume, Fiocchi 209 primer, and Barnes TEZ 250 gr bullet.
An old hunter (71) new to ML, I use about the same load - 70 gr BH 209 (by wt), 250 gr. TEZ, and W209 primers. Once I fine-tuned my technique I was astonished to get a MOA at 100 yds. I was thinking about trying Hornady’s Monoflex to see how close they are to the TEZ.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
An old hunter (71) new to ML, I use about the same load - 70 gr BH 209 (by wt), 250 gr. TEZ, and W209 primers. Once I fine-tuned my technique I was astonished to get a MOA at 100 yds. I was thinking about trying Hornady’s Monoflex to see how close they are to the TEZ.
From one 70 year old to another ,IMHO that Barnes bullet is a killer , much better in ever way than the Hornady . It expands and holds together for past through chest shots better than any ML bullet that I have ever shot a deer with .Having an exit hole equals more blood on the ground for easer tracking ,which is a real problem with a lot of ML bullets. If it is shooting MOA at 100 yards from your gun I would think real hard about changing anything . Just my option .Good luck with it !