Mustard

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I was on concession stand duty at the ballpark when I first learned that people put mayo on hot dogs. It was truly a wtf moment. I had to ask three times to make sure I heard correctly. Crazy world we live in.
If I got to CookOut and get nuggets or corn dogs I ask for mayo. I make thin little mayo rings on my nuggets and then pour Texas Pete in the ring (it holds it like a little swimming pool) and eat the nuggets, and then use the mayo on the corn dog like someone would mustard or ketchup. No wonder I’m “big boned” 😂. I’ve tried to cut that out for the most part though. I can no longer eat as I wish since taking a supervisor role lol

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
pedialyte before bed. When I was climbing and doing production work every day I’d start cramping at lunch and cramp periodically the rest of the day through the night. I tried everything until I got to pedialyte. That, and NUUN no-sugar electrolyte tablets. I’d mix them with the couple gallons of water I drank each day.
Yeah but us old people have an additional problem, that is not always related to heavy daytime sweating. Two teaspoons of mustard will stop leg cramps cold within a couple minutes, every time, without fail, regardless of what caused the cramps.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
When I can't get vinegar for my fries I'll use mustard. The only other food I put it on is a livermush sandwich.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Zacks is good eats for me… been eating there since I was a boy. No frills hotdog joint.. their chili is the star. My favorite is a bacon combo, chili, mustard and Zacks hot sauce.

Haven’t been since new ownership took over in early June though. Hope it remains the same.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Spicy brown mustard is very good. The yellow stuff is icky. Though the yellow stuff is an instant cure for leg cramps. We keep packets everywhere.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Zacks is good eats for me… been eating there since I was a boy. No frills hotdog joint.. their chili is the star. My favorite is a bacon combo, chili, mustard and Zacks hot sauce.

Haven’t been since new ownership took over in early June though. Hope it remains the same.

Is it real chili or is it warmed up stuff out of a can? Almost every hotdog shop I've visited serves canned chili. The best chili on hotdogs I've eaten are from a dive in Morgantown, WV. They make it a new batch every day. Sometimes I stopped and buy a quart when I'm coming back from PA.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
If I got to CookOut and get nuggets or corn dogs I ask for mayo. I make thin little mayo rings on my nuggets and then pour Texas Pete in the ring (it holds it like a little swimming pool) and eat the nuggets, and then use the mayo on the corn dog like someone would mustard or ketchup. No wonder I’m “big boned” 😂. I’ve tried to cut that out for the most part though. I can no longer eat as I wish since taking a supervisor role lol

I knowed you was good people 👍🏼

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Is it real chili or is it warmed up stuff out of a can? Almost every hotdog shop I've visited serves canned chili. The best chili on hotdogs I've eaten are from a dive in Morgantown, WV. They make it a new batch every day. Sometimes I stopped and buy a quart when I'm coming back from PA.
It’s real chili. Cheap Curtis hotdog but real good chili.

thandy

Ten Pointer
Mustard is great for cramps or pickle juice as a back up. I am to the point I can down a heaping table spoon full without issue. As far as hotdogs go all you need it kraut, mayo, and jalapeno. Heck I eat mayo and jalapeons in my pintos!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Egg salad and fried bologna sandwiches are the only two things mustard should ever be used for. Rest of the time it should sit in the fridge for 3-5 years like it’s supposed to.
2 good chugs of apple cider vinegar for cramps.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

this man has good taste buds. I have been going since they were on the other block....they moved to where they are now in maybe 1970 or so. I had heard they had sold out. Time will tell.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I probably have 6 or 7 varieties of mustard in the fridge for different things

i like mustard when appropriate

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah but us old people have an additional problem, that is not always related to heavy daytime sweating. Two teaspoons of mustard will stop leg cramps cold within a couple minutes, every time, without fail, regardless of what caused the cramps.
Yep no mustard and I would be SOL.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I use powdered dry mustard often in recipes. Stone ground is one of my all around favorites.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t dislike yellow, or any mustard, but it’s best used as a supporting ingredient rather than a stand along condiment lol