Muddy Manifest Cellular Trail Cam

Saw Academy has the Muddy Manifest Cellular trail cam on sale for $109. I’ve used nothing but Moultrie cams and haven’t tried any of the cell cams yet but at that price I’m thinking about checking one out. I know it’s a newer cam but haven’t found any reviews on the muddy cell cams anywhere. Has anyone tried one?

Update: Picked one of these cams up. Setup is fairly simple and as long as you are in an area with decent cell service they seem to be a decent cellular trail cam option much more affordable than most. My only knock is the pics that get transmitted to my phone are not the best quality. They’re clear enough to be able to make out what you’re looking at but they are much better when you actually get them off of the SD card in the camera. Overall I’d say definitely worth the price and hoping they will hold up for a few seasons.

Attachments

• 17ED44E3-C402-49A9-BC94-62E1E7FF6754.jpeg
    17ED44E3-C402-49A9-BC94-62E1E7FF6754.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 66

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Update: Picked one of these cams up. Setup is fairly simple and as long as you are in an area with decent cell service they seem to be a decent cellular trail cam option much more affordable than most. My only knock is the pics that get transmitted to my phone are not the best quality. They’re clear enough to be able to make out what you’re looking at but they are much better when you actually get them off of the SD card in the camera. Overall I’d say definitely worth the price and hoping they will hold up for a few seasons.
SpyPoint pictures are like that too. I wonder if all brands do that. Do you have an option for a free cell plan with limited pics or do you have to pay? With SpyPoint you can get 100 pics sent to you phone free each month. For more than that you have to buy a plan. That wouldn't last one night over corn, but it works out ok for trail watching.

SpyPoint pictures are like that too. I wonder if all brands do that. Do you have an option for a free cell plan with limited pics or do you have to pay? With SpyPoint you can get 100 pics sent to you phone free each month. For more than that you have to buy a plan. That wouldn't last one night over corn, but it works out ok for trail watching.
So from how I understand it, they give you a month of unlimited pics for free and after that month is up there’s a few different data plans to choose from starting at like $5.95 for 650 pics monthly or something in that range. There’s a few different levels but it tops out at like $19.99 monthly for unlimited. I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to some crazy bill because I’m really enjoying the pictures in real time!!

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I have Spartan, with them I have their app, so I go in the app and look at them on my phone in larger form. Although better then what you showed they aren't exceptional but there is an option near the picture on the app I just click it to request Hi Res 1080 photo.
It takes up too much space to send highest resolution of every picture so that's why they do this. But yes, that's very grainy.

This picture is the quality of what Spartan sends me in every picture. This is not Hi Res.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
View attachment 47735

Yea the spartan does seem to send a good bit clearer images. For the price point I’m happy with the muddy cam I’m just hoping they last longer than the last few cameras I’ve tried

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So from how I understand it, they give you a month of unlimited pics for free and after that month is up there’s a few different data plans to choose from starting at like $5.95 for 650 pics monthly or something in that range. There’s a few different levels but it tops out at like $19.99 monthly for unlimited. I’m hoping it doesn’t turn out to some crazy bill because I’m really enjoying the pictures in real time!!
That sounds similar to the SpyPoint plans, but with SpyPoint you can continue the free 100 pics per month forever.