Muddy cell trail cam

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Looking for real world reviews on the muddy cell trail camera Verizon version if it makes a difference.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bought one black Friday. It has only taken a few pics as I did not put it in a high traffic area. What is has taken are pretty good.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looking for real world reviews on the muddy cell trail camera Verizon version if it makes a difference.
I have the Muddy manifest....it was easy to set up, takes great pics, but sending them to your phone is nonexistent. A LOT of reviews say the same thing. Have done what I was told to do but still only sends 1 or 2 pics a day. Cell service is not the issue, and pics are on card.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Well I just got one. Academy has them on sale for 79.99. I hope it works and sends pics to phone.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got one for Christmas and its working in the house so far. Mine is AT&T

Mine did too....worked great for two days, then stopped sending pics. When I reset it, it will do the same thing, work for 2 days then nothing. Also, better use lithium batteries, my first set that lasts 6-7 months in a regular cam, last 4 weeks. Had to change them before Christmas...

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Mine did too....worked great for two days, then stopped sending pics. When I reset it, it will do the same thing, work for 2 days then nothing. Also, better use lithium batteries, my first set that lasts 6-7 months in a regular cam, last 4 weeks. Had to change them before Christmas...
I always use lithium in my trail cameras. I will get this muddy in the woods in the coming days and report back with my findings.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
My buddy had a cell phone cam that did that. Turned out to be a bad camera and had to send it back.

SM270

Ten Pointer
Anyone have any day and night pictures they can post yet? Thinking about picking a couple of these up.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I had to call muddy and they fixed the settings over the phone works good now. Take some nice pics day and night.

SM270

Ten Pointer
Still would like to see someone upload pictures on here to review. I’m really wanting to buy a few.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Just a little more feed back. I run Energizer ultimate lithium batteries in mine. I had the camera set at 30 seconds for my test period. I was getting about 60 pictures a day and the battery was gone in 30 days. It takes 8 batteries to run these cameras. I'm not use to that kind of battery use age but maybe its a cellular thing.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Mines been out for over a month it takes about 150-200 pics a day. Battery life says it still full. Might be how yours is set up. It’s 81% full on a 32 sd card. On same battery’s

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Mine said it was full then all of a sudden it showed red on my battery light. I don't know....I slowed it down to 5 minutes and still on 8MB pictures. I did erase my card several times.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
@Dan Apple just found a deal on a couple of them. The pictures seem to be of good quality.

* I should have read closer. Dan's are not the cellular version"

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Late to the party but the muddy cell cameras are made by stealth cam or at least sold through and use stealth cams apps. The service plans is also more expensive than the same plan from stealth cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just a little more feed back. I run Energizer ultimate lithium batteries in mine. I had the camera set at 30 seconds for my test period. I was getting about 60 pictures a day and the battery was gone in 30 days. It takes 8 batteries to run these cameras. I'm not use to that kind of battery use age but maybe its a cellular thing.

I think you must have gotten some bad batteries...mine has been out about 6 weeks on Energizee Lithium and still reads full strength.
Now the Energizer max lasted 3 weeks.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I think you must have gotten some bad batteries...mine has been out about 6 weeks on Energizee Lithium and still reads full strength.
Now the Energizer max lasted 3 weeks.

I know they had a year of shelf life for sure. Replaced them with brand new ones, so we see where it goes from here.