Muck boot questions

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was going through at least one pair of muck fieldblazers per year so I am now trying Lacrosse. The neoprene in the heel section of the Mucks wears through so all that’s left is rubber. They then cause blisters on my heels so they get trashed with 80-90 tread left on the bottoms.

Anybody else have this problem or have a solution?

I've had 5 or so pairs, and the heels are gone within 3 months on all of them. Best thing I have found is to wear a super thin liner sock, then a wool sock of any thickness. All of the movement will be between those 2 socks and your problem is solved. The wool sock basically becomes a boot liner. Of course that's not much help in the hot weather.

As far as a real solution to the problem...I've got nothing - that is Muck's #1 flaw.

Jbo919

Button Buck
Do not get the woody elite all camo ones had 2 pair both of them the soles separated in 2 season can’t remember how much they were it’s it’s ridiculous. Have had many pairs in the past that I’ve worn the back out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
Just a followup from my earlier post on Muck boot warranty issues. Not to highjack the OP at all but just as an addendum to the thread.
I received an e-mail from Muck (Honeywell Company)today regarding my warranty claim for the camo Field Blazer boots leaking at the welded area where the sole and the rubber boot area were connected. There were multiple pinholes which allowed a small bit of water to seep into the heel area of the boot. These boots were purchased from an on-line company last spring and have hardly been worn.
The company has agreed that the problem is a warranty issue and a quality control problem. They have given me a choice to replace the boots with the model of my choice as that model has been discontinued. I picked either the Woody Max or Woody Plus as the preferred model to replace them. They will ship asap per their e-mail.
Hopefully this will resolve the warranty issue with these boots and there will be no more problems with Muck products. As you can see, I own multiple pair of Muck and have worn out just as many more.

I'm glad to hear they stand by their warranty and made it right with you.

ditchbank

Banned
I have a very worn pair of woody max boots. I loved the boots, but wondered if this is still their “best” boot? If not, what is their new flagship called?

Source? Cost?

Thanks.

Woody “ELITE”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dirtburn

Four Pointer
I have been wearing Woody Sports for the past three years and have been happy with them but needing something a bit warmer now. I am considering the Artic Pros but can't find them in stock anywhere close and scared to order them not sure of how they fit compared to the Woody's.

SM270

Ten Pointer
Never been in a pair of Mucks heard too much bad about them. Then they went anti on us. I have owned several pairs of Lacrosse and LOVE them. Also just bought a pair of Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 wore them Saturday and was pleased.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've had a pair of Muck Wetlands for 10 years now - they have been perfect, but are about worn out from heavy use.

Recently bought a pair of similar boots from Cabelas that have varying amounts of Thinsulate, up to 1200 grams in the toes, for half the price, that are much warmer for November bow hunts up in Wisconsin. These will replace my Mucks going forward due to cost and political leanings.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got the shipping confirmation yesterday, Muck is sending me a replacement pair of Woody Max boots to replace the Field Blazers I had problems with.
I can't complain, I had my choice of boots and thought those were a fair swap. They never mentioned any restrictions on my choices nor mentioned a difference in msrp.
Good customer service in my opinion.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My new replacement Muck Boot Woody Max Cold Weather boots came a day early from Honeywell.
They sure seem to be a quality boot, time will tell I guess.

Attachments

• 15448298341011746626280.jpg
    15448298341011746626280.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 11