Most desirable

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tough question- I never have taken a bird with more than one beard so yea... multi beard would be fine.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Shoot , after three , count ‘em 3 fruitless hunts Saturday , Monday & today I’d be happy with any kind of turkey sound.

But I do love me some hooks !

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Haven't killed a multiple beard bird yet, so I pretty much gave up on the idea. I'd love to top 1.5 inch spurs sometime.

Jim

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Don't hate me but the first gobbler I ever killed 39 years ago was triple-bearded...7, 9 & 11 and weighed over 22 pounds. But he had short, dull 3/4" spurs. Since then I've killed another with 3 beards and two others with 2 beards. Meanwhile, the longest spurs on any bird were only 1-1/2". Plenty long but not freaky long. Therefore, I'd be more tickled to get to a flopping bird and find him to have a pair of 2-inchers. That'd be pretty cool. But I'll tell you what, one of the main things I LOVE about turkey hunting as opposed to deer hunting is that there isn't such a "trophy" element to it. In fact, any 2+ yr old male turkey will do. I find that kinda refreshing.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I am all about the spurs. First thing I check. With that being said I can’t count the birds I’ve killed. Not one multi beard. My sons first bird had 4 beards and my daughters first was a double beard. So guess I’d like a multi beard

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
"Longer" spurs is subjective but "longest" spurs would be preferred over even a five bearded bird.
Like familyman I have been blessed on the multiple beard birds.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
But I'll tell you what, one of the main things I LOVE about turkey hunting as opposed to deer hunting is that there isn't such a "trophy" element to it. In fact, any 2+ yr old male turkey will do. I find that kinda refreshing.
This^. And I don't really care about either. I don't even get upset if I don't kill a turkey. There's not all that much meat anyway. ;) I just LOVE being out there in the spring and hearing them and seeing them and calling them in. Yes, it's even more of a thrill bagging them, but I love HUNTING them.

But given the choice, I'd prefer multiple beards.