Mossberg rifles

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
What are y’all s opinions on Mossberg rifles? I may have the opportunity to purchase a synthetic 270 at a decent price (no scope). I understand it is not a wall hanger and it does not need to be. I only deer hunt 3-4 times a year. Mainly to kill one or two for sausage in the duck blind. Thanks!

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Most factory rifle will outshoot most shooters.
I think for most deer hunting applications in NC a Mossberg in .270 will be fine.
Fit and finish may leave something to be desired but it’ll probably shoot fine and be durable.

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
My lil boy has a mossberg patriot 243 and has killed a few deer with it. It shoots great and is great gun for price point.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My lil boy has a mossberg patriot 243 and has killed a few deer with it. It shoots great and is great gun for price point.
I've seen some patriots that look nice. I would consider buying one and I do not like Mossberg firearms.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I want a mossberg 4x4 Tactical lever 30/30 they make. That with a can would be a cool little game getter.

dbohunts

Six Pointer
Got a mossberg patriot .243 couple years back for my boy. I couldn't be more pleased. Very good product for the money in my opinion.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a 100 ATR in .308

Have killed many deer with it, shoots great with factory ammo.... no complaints from me.... not a fancy gun by any means but it’s light and does the job

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
I ended up switching gears and swayed towards a savage axis 2 30-06 with a stainless barrel. I couldn’t beat the price. The scope was free from a good friend, it’s a redfield revolution. I dialed it in the other day at the range and I am pleased with it. I actually like the accutrigger. I am gonna shoot it more be fore I tweak the trigger.