Mossberg 590a1

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
The 590 is heavy, beat cop used/abused, battle proven and has a decent supply of aftermarket parts. For me there are more positives than negatives with the 590.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
^^^what he said

I'v never had an issue with Mossbergs, especially the 500 and variants,,,,solid guns well worth what they cost,,,never used a 590a1 but expect it will perform that truck gun function well

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I carried a 590 (not sure if it was an A1 or not) in the Marines and owned a 590 Mariner for around 20 years. In my opinion they are great, rugged, dependable no fills shot guns. I believe they are best In their stock configuration. Namely no telescoping or folding stocks, they are light for m what they are a in called mine with the telescoping stock " the meat grinder".

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Picked up a 590a1 magpul today...when I get a few hundred rounds through it, I’ll give y’all a review.

At first take, it feels surprisingly light and points well. It also has really nice ghost ring sights.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
They really are light. The recoil is commensurate with a light shotgun. The ghost ring sights are some of the best on a shotgun IMHO.