Mosberg 535 choke

Andrewd

Six Pointer
What’s best choke for a 535 shooting 3.5 looking to try something different been using the stock one.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
The tight wad has been working well for me. It’s cheap and I’ve gotten a few birds around 45-50 with it.

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
What’s best choke for a 535 shooting 3.5 looking to try something different been using the stock one.

What don't you like about the stocker? Do you have the Mossberg turkey barrel that came with that gun - the 22" IIRC with the fiber optic sights?

I've got the same gun and am thinking about options for the spring. Subscribing....

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
What ranges are you looking for? I mean is this a woods gun or a field gun?

Try calling William Lambert at Sumtoy (912-237-4360). He is also on facebook.
He built one for my SBE II that throws world-class patterns .

JIm

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
What ranges are you looking for? I mean is this a woods gun or a field gun?

Try calling William Lambert at Sumtoy (912-237-4360). He is also on facebook.
He built one for my SBE II that throws world-class patterns .

JIm
This right here. William knows his chokes and will keep making you one until you are happy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup need little more info to make better suggestion like hawglips said the shell your gonna shoot is big what is your expectations in distance you want to get to also your price range. Aftermarket chokes paired with right shell will definitely improve your pattern but there is wide range of combos and chokes can go from 20 bucks to over 100. Sumtoy, rhino, Indian creek, and jebs ate all high quality chokes. You could go to TSS or even hevi shot and do way with that 3 and half save on your shoulder if your looking to stretch yardage out. If your keeping shots reasonable lead will certainly do job as well. It really all boils to preference and what you wanna spend to get where you want your gun to shoot you can kill turkeys pretty cheap or pretty expensive

Andrewd

Six Pointer
Right now I’m shooting Remington nitro 3 1/2. #4. It falls off after 40 yards. I’ve shot #6 and same thing. Looking to shoot 50-60 yards. And have more than 10 pellets in a target.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Right now I’m shooting Remington nitro 3 1/2. #4. It falls off after 40 yards. I’ve shot #6 and same thing. Looking to shoot 50-60 yards. And have more than 10 pellets in a target.
40 and under is all I'd ever shoot in those shells and actually I've known lot that people that guns wouldn't pattern to 40 more like 35 max which is perfectly fine turkey hunting is an up close game. If your wanting good patterns at ranges you mentioned your gonna most likely need change shells. You want the most effective kill shot you can get. the remm lead 6 are not best choice to 60 and even in different choke the 4 will likely not put enough in vital at that distance for responsible shot at turkey. I don't want to sound like smart arse but 60 is awful long shot at birds whay works for me is getting them closer to 40 either by calling or setup and using best shell I can afford to make best shot I can again this is for me. The TSS will certainly kill to 60 if you put right choke and pattern it and have clear shot without lot debris eating up pattern. You hunting fields or woods?

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I mostly hunt woods. But have some fields. I try to get them closer but I’d like to be able to shot 50-60 yards if I have to. Not limited to 40 and under. I will change shells just looking for ides.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I mostly hunt woods. But have some fields. I try to get them closer but I’d like to be able to shot 50-60 yards if I have to. Not limited to 40 and under. I will change shells just looking for ides.

Get a high quality heavier than lead shell. You'll see immediate and significant jump in performance with the choke you already have.