morning run

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
we are fostering a dog that my youngest will take when she gets moved to her next job early next month,,,,cool dog, underappreciated but smart, and loving,,,

I was making a pot of coffee this AM at daybreak when he indicated he wanted to go outside for his morning business,,,we went out and he spotted something of interest and blasted off,,,,I seen the tail of the bunny as it hopped a little deeper into the woods headed for the creek bottom,,,,ol' Bruce hot on him but lost it at the bushes and briars in the lowlands,,,

not bad for a 88 lb pitbull,,,,

next cool morning will be the beagle's turn,,,

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Lucy wants to chase them but I give her the NO command and she breaks off. Last thing I want her doing is chasing rabbits!! Squirrels are another issue, I encourage her to put them out of the yard. God only knows what she would do if there was a deer in the backyard. They come through in the fall but she doesn't pay them any attention. I guess she figures since their much bigger than she is she might get her butt kicked!!!

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Even here in the city the rabbit population seems to be thriving. We have a couple that come into our fenced in backyard to browse. My almost ten year old 75 pound Carolina Dog Ralphie chases them around the pool until he gets tired or they disappear through a gap in the gate. I love it when the rabbit will just freeze and wait til the last second before Ralphie gets him. It's good exercise for the old guy and he needs it.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
They can all surprise you sometimes...I've seen more than one old dog that could take off if it was the right motivation. My Brother has an old Great Pyrenees. I've never seen him move quick, and he's old anyway. One day he was watching the neighbors family on the beach at the lake cabin (his "herd" he was protecting) and a coyote popped out of the wood line. He surprised us all, but I guess it was what he was bred to do.