Morning news radio ?

DFisher

Eight Pointer
What stations or shows do you guys listen to for news on the morning commute? I ride from King to High Point, from 0630 to 0730. The only thing I have found is on 94.5, and I get KC O'Dea, which may be the worst show I have ever listened to. It's like two 12 year-olds gossiping. Awful. So bad, I have turned to Rock 92. Today I noticed Gordon Deal was on in KC's place; is that a permanent change, or just temporary?

For the record, at 7:00 I switch over and hear Chip Ingram's Living on the Edge. Much better for me, and I really enjoy his words and messages. But what to listen to at 6:30..........

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I listen to Rock 92 in the mornings. I have listen to them for years. I realize it’s kinda crazy and a lot wild subjects. It’s funny and not so serious, I think that’s why I like it so much. I give up watching the news awhile back. I don’t listen or watch anything serious or important.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
I split my time between NPR on WUNC and Fox News on XM. If I want music it is Bluegrass Junction on XM.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I heart radio 100.3 the river out of Alabama. Rick and Bubba. Been listening for years, and you don't have to be afraid with kids in the car.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
When I bought my 16 tundra it came with Sirius XM radio for a year and I never thought i would keep but after a year my wife got the subscription for me and recently she got the app on her phone and mine. I make a 6-7 hour trip to knoxville for home games in the fall and I can listen to whatever and never loose signal. I can take it on the boat and play music all day or nothing if I want. Best money I ever spent especially for guys commuting or traveling alot.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Dont listen to anything. Only 30 minute drive to work and I have to be there 430-445am. Not much on music or talking so I just reflect and say a little prayer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The bob and Tom show, it’s played in a lot of places not sure if in NC but it is very humorous and they feature obscure news stories and other comedy related subjects and interview comedians etc. it’s usually on a rock station

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Clay Travis (Outkick the Coverage) on Fox Sports Radio 104.5 FM. Fox supplies the programming in the morning on that station now after it switched from ESPN Radio over a year ago. Much better with Fox than those blathering fools at ESPN.

Sometimes KC O'Dea on 94.5 FM.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Whatever Pandora serves up or whatever i DJ up on Apple Music. Don’t watch the news. I catch my news on social media, and investigate anything that looks like it may affect me. I do a little research around election time and other than that, or something that trends that I think I may need to look into, I keep my head in the sand.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I haven’t listened to the radio in years since I discovered podcasts and Apple Music. No commercials and I choose what I wanna listen to

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Whatever Pandora serves up or whatever i DJ up on Apple Music. Don’t watch the news. I catch my news on social media, and investigate anything that looks like it may affect me. I do a little research around election time and other than that, or something that trends that I think I may need to look into, I keep my head in the sand.
Me thinks you speak with forked tongue. lol

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
In the Triangle, WPTF 680 AM is pretty good. They don't get political, just the news, and they cover things in more depth than anybody else.

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
What stations or shows do you guys listen to for news on the morning commute? I ride from King to High Point, from 0630 to 0730. The only thing I have found is on 94.5, and I get KC O'Dea, which may be the worst show I have ever listened to. It's like two 12 year-olds gossiping. Awful. So bad, I have turned to Rock 92. Today I noticed Gordon Deal was on in KC's place; is that a permanent change, or just temporary?

For the record, at 7:00 I switch over and hear Chip Ingram's Living on the Edge. Much better for me, and I really enjoy his words and messages. But what to listen to at 6:30..........
I agree on K.C. I can't believe he gets paid to be on the air.
I find that AM 680 is pretty good.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
When I was working I used to set my clock radio to NPR. I could take about 5 minutes of their monotone babbling :censored:before I couldn't stand it and had to get up. Now I don't listen to the radio at all.