more State Patrol than I have EVER seen,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
https://epicenterfestival.com/

a whole MESS of State Patrol folks at Rockingham Speedway for the heavy music festival,,,,wife hates that stuff (I like some of it)

hey @NCST8GUY - let me know where your tent is and I'll come hang out!!

main top liners are Korn, ROb Zombie, Evanescence, Tool, Judas Priest, The Cult, Foo Fighters, 311, Bring Me the Horizon and many others

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I kmow a lot of folks going dow. There on Saturday. I would be going too if I wasnt in the middle of changing jobs, moving out, miving in, and selling the house we are moving out of. My last day at the old job is today actually. Otherwise I would totally have went down there this weekend.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Last night at 10 there was a stupid long line of vehicles still waiting to get in

Easily 50 state patrol vehicles plus a command RV

More food trucks than I have ever seen (easily 3 dozen or more)

Hooters was set up

And to think I’d of not known of this huge event except for going to help at the banquet

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'd love to go also. Not a huge fan of the lineup but I haven't seen the Cult in 25 years. Be cool to see Judas Priest and Evanesence as well.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
LOTS of people complaining. Talking about traffic not moving an inch for 3-4+ hours! It wasn't well planned traffic and parking wise it seems.

I'd be IRATE if I missed bands I wasnted to see because of poor planning.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
LOTS of people complaining. Talking about traffic not moving an inch for 3-4+ hours! It wasn't well planned traffic and parking wise it seems.

I'd be IRATE if I missed bands I wasnted to see because of poor planning.

the issue was road capacity - that place was swamped with people trying to access via HWY1,,,then combine with the fact that most of the campers were on the oval track side (south) and the event was on the dragstrip side (north),,,people crossing the higway,,,it was mess

guy that works for me drove down from Sanford to attend Saturday - sat in traffic for 3+ hours just to have the event evacuated due to lightning! He was bummed - all that and never heard the first song

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
the issue was road capacity - that place was swamped with people trying to access via HWY1,,,then combine with the fact that most of the campers were on the oval track side (south) and the event was on the dragstrip side (north),,,people crossing the higway,,,it was mess

guy that works for me drove down from Sanford to attend Saturday - sat in traffic for 3+ hours just to have the event evacuated due to lightning! He was bummed - all that and never heard the first song
And THAT is why I haven't been to any event like that since the 80's. I got my gut full of crowds, travel, flying etc involved with work over the years. If I want to listen to music I will listen on the radio, download exactly what I want etc.

Ramblin Man

Four Pointer
SHP still working it this morning (Monday 5-13-2019) saw two pulling campers stopped within a mile of track. Looked like a yard sale on 177 side. Tent frames left behind. Looked to be demolished from wind.