More fake news

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure could use it here. I've got a small section of a 6/12 roof to finish that's too dusty to walk, even on a rope.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man is it hot and dry..it really shows just how bad our local weather reporting is. We have had a high chance of rain and temperatures in the high 80's and low 90's for weeks now and actually have had NO rain and temperatures into the mid and high 90's that aren't being reported. As is the level of drought, as usual.
It reminds me of the fake weather reports from the city council when i lived in Florida, it was ALWAYS gonna be nice and sunny for EVERY holiday weekend as well as throughout Spring Break according to them. It was even a local joke where they would broadcast the weatherman with hurricane-like weather in the background spouting off how beautiful and perfect it was at the time and to go ahead and head on down to the beach.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Dry as bone here after getting all that in late May the faucet has turned off few short showers here there. No worries I start a week of vacation last Sat of month it'll pour 7 days in row then since I got several outside jobs to get done

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Certainly hoping that we get some of that rain today. We've had two small showers in the last month, and things here are dry!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Same here,I go by my weather rock sitting outside my door,rocks wet it's raining,rocks dry its clearl lol

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I called it. But I bet anyone else could have as well.

A month ago we were almost underwater and I said within 2 months there will be a drought.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
We're getting boomers here fairly regularly. Could use a good soaking rain though.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
The last few storms cells moving through my area have split into and went on around us for whatever reason. Rain 3 times in 2 months is not an exaggeration.

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
Where are you guys that aren't getting rain?
Here in WNC we have about drowned. In May we already had 11 inches above normal and has rained about every day since.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm feeling bad for the local farmers as I'm just watching the crops burn up. Small ears of corn with brown/dry tassels and beans with curled leaves. With a little rain, maybe the later planted fields will make, but it's not looking good right now.
Mowed our yards almost 2 weeks ago and was just sure they'd need it again when I got back from a week at the beach, but instead came home to lawns that are parched. What does need mowing, I'm afraid I'll kill by cutting right now. I'm not a super fan of that chore but we do need a good soaking rain...

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
The last few storms cells moving through my area have split into and went on around us for whatever reason. Rain 3 times in 2 months is not an exaggeration.

That's the way it works here too; splits within sight of the house then forms back up downwind of me and rains like the devil for everyone else. I've cracks in my garden I can stick my hand down into. I quit watering everything but my cukes and cantalopes. Dryer than a popcorn fart!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had traffic stopped on I40 on my way home due to blinding rain. Got home to dry roads and the rain gauge barely damp. Less than 1/10th of an inch.
No rain until at least Saturday.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have been getting the occasional pop up shower that has kept everything from burning up. Having a shower right now, probably close to 1/2" so far. It is falling nice and is soaking in but will not last long when the sun pops out on it tomorrow. I hope we get some more but the radar does not look too promising right now.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, that may suck. I have to go from the coast to RDU, flight coming in at midnight tonight...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I go by 2 ponds off hwy 70 in Johnston county many days for work. I haven't seen one of them this low in the 5 years I've been taking this route.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
It actually did rain some last night but with a swift kick I could still kick up dust this morning.

creekhobo

Ten Pointer
It's very dry at my place.
I have been feeding hay for three weeks and have sold 3245 pounds of beef on the hoof in the last two weeks. :(

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
We had an inch and half two weeks ago this Friday in this part of Caswell. It’s kept the grass green but we are starting to get dry. Three miles away the yards are brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We had an inch and half two weeks ago this Friday in this part of Caswell. It’s kept the grass green but we are starting to get dry. Three miles away the yards are brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wife and I came back from Floyd, VA last weekend through the Westfield area and there was a considerable difference once we got to the lower altitudes ....it wasn't as dry as we are, but still needing some rain badly. We are in the hole at the bottom of the hills, the rains seem to jump us and hit around Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Gfs model is really wet for the foothills and mountains and much dryer east of raleigh. Never know though with afternoon storms. Big differences in totals over short distances.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Granted this is a 16 day projection so it is bound to shift and change somewhat but this is the potential that's there. Anything that's red or above in color is 6 inches or more

Attachments

• gfs_apcpn_seus_52.png
    gfs_apcpn_seus_52.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 25