Moose's 2021 Hunting Season

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well we ended the season on the very wet side. We had close to 6 inches of rain here. No bear for me but that's OK. Turkey is still an option but only one zone up here is open. We have not found them yet. Grouse has opened so I guess we'll try chasing them a bit. Today is also the opening of moose season up here so hopefully we'll get to see some successful hunters I don't know anyone that has a tag.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20210927_144954.jpg

Fun day in Northern Maine woods..... if either of us could of shot we'd of had some grouse to show off. Birds were not plentiful and my buddy John had first opportunity and missed. Then this afternoon it was my opportunity and I missed.
We saw 4 birds in about 7 hours of hunting which is not good for this area. Saw a few successful groups of moose hunters. Enjoyable day even though we couldn't close the deal.

20210927_104115.jpg

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I’m beginning to think maybe PETA sponsored your hunt. Fed the animals but none were harmed! That’s hunting, makes the good hunts all that much more enjoyable. Beautiful country up there!

Enjoy the time with friends and family. I’ve enjoyed following along and the pictures.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’m beginning to think maybe PETA sponsored your hunt. Fed the animals but none were harmed! That’s hunting, makes the good hunts all that much more enjoyable. Beautiful country up there!

Enjoy the time with friends and family. I’ve enjoyed following along and the pictures.
Well don't tell them about the two coons I hit on my way out after bear hunting ;)

As far as grouse vs partridge yup its a partridge but most folks out here call it a grouse. :D
Today I played with 5 gobblers but they went the other way.

Fun times even if things aren't working out for me to close the deal.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well not much to report on the game bagging side of things. We pulled.up.a big zero.it looks.like for this trip.

But we did have an exciting encounter when we had this guy pop out chasing a cow. This is a very nice bull especially for Maine.

20210929_082018.jpg

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That is power lines even the timber companies need power once in a while ;) but there is a cabin a little further up from where we were. I will tell you the Moose feel the pressure and they'll skirt out to the edge of woods.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20211001_095254.jpg

I'm back home..... I wasn't the only moose heading south yesterday on 95 :D

Hunting wasn't productive but I had fun. Also got to see family and celebrate my Mom's 94th birthday with her.

20210930_183655.jpg

Long time till spring turkey maybe some ice fishing will have to be planned out ;)

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nice pics....where is your Va land? You buy or leasing?
We bought a place in Grayson County about a year ago. The previous owners deer hunted it but not hard. Seems to be a good number of deer. Not much for turkeys we see them occasionally so I got to figure out how to turn that around.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
We bought a place in Grayson County about a year ago. The previous owners deer hunted it but not hard. Seems to be a good number of deer. Not much for turkeys we see them occasionally so I got to figure out how to turn that around.

Congrats!
Love seeing folks buy their own property and put work into it.
That last pic with the fog in it is beautiful.