modifying lone wolf sticks

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
Hey fellas. After searching high and low, I finally found a maker of double steps that will fit onto loan wolf sticks. https://doublesteps.com/
I like my single steps for weight reduction, but would like to put one doublestep on my top stick for a place to rest while setting the stand. The old knees aint what they used to be. I'm not affiliated with this company in any way. Just want to help anyone looking to do a similar mod. This year I will also be going away from the stock cam straps and to daisy-chained 7/64ths amsteel. Love tweaking gear during the off season. Picture below is from the company's website.

Last edited:

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm curious about how you plan to use the daisy-chained amsteel (that's some good stuff, btw).

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
Basically, to make the daisy chain, you splice small loops into the amsteel. When putting up sticks, all you have to do is pull it around the tree slip the loop nearest to the versa button over it, pull the stick down to set it, and you're on to the next one.
Here are some vids on it. There are several others on YT on how to easily splice amsteel.

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
Another trick is to use the second strap they gave you for the lone wolf stand that goes on the bottom versa button providing you only use one strap to hang your stand. Simply make a loop out of it around the bottom step of the first stick and you can gain about another 2ft of climbing height.