Might Liquor stores become open on Sunday's?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy

Deliveries also? LOL.

I love the anti's rebuttal.

Personally, I think it's dumb to have them closed on Sunday's. Dumb in that I don't see the positive. If being closed on Sunday generates more $, then I'm all for it, but 47 other states seem to have stated otherwise.

Not sure how I feel about going private though (but it is LOVELY to go to Florida and get my Vodka AND Lemon/cranberry juice AND keilbasa at the SAME STORE!

Don't get me wrong....I'm in favor of removing all controls on all drugs. Make em all OTC to anyone 18 or older. Let natural selection sort it all out.
Im Not opposed to Sunday sales but to make all drugs otc not so much. How many welfare recipients do you wanna support? Im already at my limit. Dont want to pay anymore for medicaid for addicts either.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Im Not opposed to Sunday sales but to make all drugs otc not so much. How many welfare recipients do you wanna support? Im already at my limit. Dont want to pay anymore for medicaid for addicts either.

Oh no....no no.... I said let natural selection take care of it. If you can handle your junk, good for you. If not...well....

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
well, they could all just move in with Pelosi.....sorry, wrong thread......but I don't see nc ever opening abc stores on sunday.....wasn't that long ago that you couldn't buy beer until after 1pm on sundays.....also, in gaston county anyway, the individual cities control their own stores and reap the profits....don't see it going private either......don't think I have ever heard of any municipality giving up revenue

well, they could all just move in with Pelosi.....sorry, wrong thread......but I don't see nc ever opening abc stores on sunday.....wasn't that long ago that you couldn't buy beer until after 1pm on sundays.....also, in gaston county anyway, the individual cities control their own stores and reap the profits....don't see it going private either......don't think I have ever heard of any municipality giving up revenue
They wont get past the wall around her gated community, :ROFLMAO::ninja:

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
It won't make any difference to me if they open on Sunday. I prefer to keep the bar stocked so that I never have to run out and get something in a hurry. I call that poor planning about an important issue.

Its been my experience that when the liquor stores are privately owned, competition keeps prices low. 30 bucks for a bottle of Jamesons in NC. I bought one or two in CO last year for 19. This is the only comparison I have though.
If the bottle of Jameson you speak of is 750ml I get it for $22 in Ga . Shop around $30 is a rip off.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Its been my experience that when the liquor stores are privately owned, competition keeps prices low. 30 bucks for a bottle of Jamesons in NC. I bought one or two in CO last year for 19. This is the only comparison I have though.
True is some cases but they do discount accross the board here all the time. Not saying it will be that but see them take 5, 10 and up to 20$ off some times here.
Can also luck into some good stuff for normal prices like Blanton's what 50 to 60 here tops yet VA has it for 150 to 200 sometimes and you see others of that likes all the time in the 100 to 500. You do not see that here.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
True is some cases but they do discount accross the board here all the time. Not saying it will be that but see them take 5, 10 and up to 20$ off some times here.
Can also luck into some good stuff for normal prices like Blanton's what 50 to 60 here tops yet VA has it for 150 to 200 sometimes and you see others of that likes all the time in the 100 to 500. You do not see that here.

At least in other states you can find Blanton's; it doesn't matter what the price is in NC if you can't find it.

And I've frequently bought Blanton's in South Hill, VA - it's never been over $60.

When I was in Maine over the holidays you could find it stocked on the shelves of grocery stores.

The Libertarian in me says privatize it.......

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Privatize it and sell on Sundays! Anyhthing we can take out of governments hands the better it is for the consumer.