Might have to cull this one.

rescue934

Twelve Pointer
New to the property(or camera area) WNC Mountains deer big spike on the right side of his rack

Attachments

• DEER.jpg
    DEER.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep they make grest dog chews.... Dont need to cut off the rest of the points.

Kill him and grill him then let the dog eat also.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If you are wanting to grow some quality deer... give him at least another year to see if he branches.

In fact it may be 2 more years before he does.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don't think that antler is messed up. It does not match the other side but that's no indication the buck won't grow into a fine racked buck if he should survive. He looks healthy and strong- I would certainly let him pass and hope to see him in 2 more years.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
My first bow velvet buck was very similar to that buck. The only difference was his broken back leg. Decided to take him but it was back when we had 4 buck tags. IMG_0415.JPGIMG_0413.JPGIMG_0373.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
He's too young to "cull" as already mentioned.
I've found that is an excuse to kill lil bucks. BUT, for someone to get their first buck under their belt, it'd be fine IMO.
A "cowhorn" is a perfect example of what needs' let grow, since they usually have great antlers in a few years.
The Whitetail Superclinics proved that most "cull" bucks, if allowed to live a few years, even their racks out and become a nice even # points in the end.
"Patience grasshopper"

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
20190819_175226.jpgr20171106_164831.jpg

Here is one city deer i have been seeing for 3 years. First pic is this year and second is 2017. First 2 years i saw him he just had the fork and brow and beam on other side. This year he is trying to start a brow on the fork side. Easy to identify him and been fun to see him. Cool deer and the top dog around my house.