Midnight Oil

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
They look like regular squirrels but they could possibly be flying squirrels.
Flying squirrels move around during the night.

pikepole20

Four Pointer
I have seen it a few times after dark like that particularly if bad weather is on the way.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Me neither. I have tons of squirrels around my camera sites and have never seen one out that late. Maybe he's trying to get a jump on the raccoons?

Jim

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Me neither. I have tons of squirrels around my camera sites and have never seen one out that late. Maybe he's trying to get a jump on the raccoons?

Jim
There are at least 5 coons visiting this spot. I guess they could be stingy. There are actually two squirrels in the picture. The spot on the right is another that's facing the camera.

rodman

Ten Pointer
I had one cross the road in front of me close to 10 at night, first for me in 56 years

I had one TRY to cross the road the other morning way before daylight. That one didn't make it. He zigged when he shoulda zagged. I was shocked to see it that early in the morning

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Late deer season 2019 I was easing into the dark woods, well before pink light, and kept hearing something scurrying around and as it got closer I turned my hat light on green expecting a rabbit, raccoon, possum, etc....and it was a grey squirrel. He was just running around feeding like it was broad daylight. Paid me no attention. As I continued toward my spot I heard several others already out scurrying around, as well. I had never observed this before in all my years. I surmised it was "conditions-related" as some of you have speculated. Whatever the reason, squirrels were feeding busily that morning at 0-dark-thirty. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't' seen them out at night, but an old timer told me they did around his house with all the acorns and hickory nuts.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Seen the feed at night around a full moon. New, species they may be adapting to some circumstance. Sounds like a lot of people been seeing this behavior.