Midnight Oil

Rubline

Ten Pointer
They look like regular squirrels but they could possibly be flying squirrels.
Flying squirrels move around during the night.

pikepole20

Four Pointer
I have seen it a few times after dark like that particularly if bad weather is on the way.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

CutNRun

Six Pointer
Contributor
Me neither. I have tons of squirrels around my camera sites and have never seen one out that late. Maybe he's trying to get a jump on the raccoons?

Jim

UncleFester

Twelve Pointer
Me neither. I have tons of squirrels around my camera sites and have never seen one out that late. Maybe he's trying to get a jump on the raccoons?

Jim
There are at least 5 coons visiting this spot. I guess they could be stingy. There are actually two squirrels in the picture. The spot on the right is another that's facing the camera.

rodman

Ten Pointer
I had one cross the road in front of me close to 10 at night, first for me in 56 years
I had one TRY to cross the road the other morning way before daylight. That one didn't make it. He zigged when he shoulda zagged. I was shocked to see it that early in the morning

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Late deer season 2019 I was easing into the dark woods, well before pink light, and kept hearing something scurrying around and as it got closer I turned my hat light on green expecting a rabbit, raccoon, possum, etc....and it was a grey squirrel. He was just running around feeding like it was broad daylight. Paid me no attention. As I continued toward my spot I heard several others already out scurrying around, as well. I had never observed this before in all my years. I surmised it was "conditions-related" as some of you have speculated. Whatever the reason, squirrels were feeding busily that morning at 0-dark-thirty. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't' seen them out at night, but an old timer told me they did around his house with all the acorns and hickory nuts.