MHC offshore

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
2 awesome days of fishing with a 2 day total of 39 mahi, 2 blue marlin and a hog of a wahoo. Came in early both days with a box of fish. Had a crew of 3 on Friday and 4 today. Got a LOAD of meat to put up tomorrow plus a citation coming for a blue release. I have not caught one in probably 20 years so it was a pleasant surprise to watch him come into the baits. He jumped initially but then he went straight down and we played tug-o-war for about 45 minutes. Mine was estimated at 400 and the one we hooked today was at least 600 but he did not stay with us for long. He spooled about 500 yards of line off of a Penn 50 (mostly on top or out of the water) and then slashed the leader when he turned around. Today was a better class of fish with 4 mahi weighing over 30 pounds and 1 at 41.5 pounds. The wahoo was 37 pounds.
may20182.jpgmay20181.jpg

Last edited:

golfer

Four Pointer
Very nice. An old salt once said...."You don't know how many months of May you have left, so you better take advantage of them".

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
It is a 48' Buddy Davis called the Wet Dream. Just a good friend of mine that loves to fish. We split fuel and bait and just go have a good time. He has not chartered in a few years. There were only 3 of us Friday so I called up a few folks for Saturday but only 1 was free so we went with 4.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
That's a good deal for sure. It's nice to have friends, especially a friend with 48 foot sport fisher. I've saw that boat before. Purty work on your fish.