Medication commercials

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I just had to post this. You know how all those medication commercials give you a warning for side effects........ well, this one about tops them all........ and I'm not making this up:
"See your doctor right away if you have a new or worse cough, chest pains, shortness of breath, diarrhea, sever stomach pains, nausea or vomiting, rapid heart beat, increased hunger or thirst, constipation, dizziness , fainting or changes in urine or eyesight, muscle pain or weakness, joint pain, confusion or memory loss, fever, rash, itching or flushing. These are not all of the possible side effects."

If you had all these side effects, the only thing I could have before taking this stuff would be a gunshot wound to the base of the skull.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I just had to post this. You know how all those medication commercials give you a warning for side effects........ well, this one about tops them all........ and I'm not making this up:
"See your doctor right away if you have a new or worse cough, chest pains, shortness of breath, diarrhea, sever stomach pains, nausea or vomiting, rapid heart beat, increased hunger or thirst, constipation, dizziness , fainting or changes in urine or eyesight, muscle pain or weakness, joint pain, confusion or memory loss, fever, rash, itching or flushing. These are not all of the possible side effects."

If you had all these side effects, the only thing I could have before taking this stuff would be a gunshot wound to the base of the skull.

Medications can be just as bad the underlying problem. I had an infection in my leg. They gave me some serious meds and I am now just 3 weeks cured from a 5 month long case of cdiff.

Do not get me started on psychotropic drugs and their side effects.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
and people wonder why the only thing I take is aspirin or motrin

My favorites are when they start listing:

Suicidal thoughts, aggression, psychotic or manic behavior and so on. Then someone on those meds goes nutso and they blame the gun. SMH

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Medications can be just as bad the underlying problem. I had an infection in my leg. They gave me some serious meds and I am now just 3 weeks cured from a 5 month long case of cdiff.

Do not get me started on psychotropic drugs and their side effects.
That C-Diff is bad dang stuff hopefully if you ever need an antibiotic again your doc will also add you a probiotic

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
That C-Diff is bad dang stuff hopefully if you ever need an antibiotic again your doc will also add you a probiotic

Yeah that's what we had to do. I did 4 rounds of vancomycin and 1 round of flagy along with probiotics till we shifted the balance back in my favor.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah that's what we had to do. I did 4 rounds of vancomycin and 1 round of flagy along with probiotics till we shifted the balance back in my favor.
I feel for you and since you've had I would always insist if you have be on another to have probiotic with it certain antibiotics are more prone but I wouldn't chance any

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I feel for you and since you've had I would always insist if you have be on another to have probiotic with it certain antibiotics are more prone but I wouldn't chance any

Yeah that was the crappiest 5 months ever.....pun intended

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Me and my wife laugh at commercials for 2 reasons they take their time trying sell you the drug but talk real fast through potential side effects. And fact that if you do hear all the side effects you should be scared death of the med. If you ever look in drug book there is grocery list of potential side effects for nearly everyone on market

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Several years ago, when prescription medication commercials first began, the advertisers were reticent about touting the benefits of the drugs because they were required to also indicate the possible side effects in the commercial. What this left you with after the commercial was wondering what the drug was for - this went on for several months before the companies realized that such a campaign was hardly effective. You would just scratch your head and wonder what on earth the medication was designed to treat.

Soon following, the drug companies realized that mentioning the side effects, even if it completely turned off potential users, would be of more advertising value for their dollar. Commercials began to feature both risks and benefits, which is what virtually all of them include today.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
over my head there fitzh20,,,,you donne slung that one over my head

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Unfortunately we live in a society that is so dead set on taking someone to court that these companies have to spell out everything that could happen. Otherwise they will lose millions because someone took a med and developed a cough and farted twice which smelled bad.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor

I think it was one of the blue collar comedy tour guys ( jeff Foxworthy maybe?) that touted a prescribed medication and talked about the side effects. One of which was anal seepage, he said how bad can the disease be if you are taking something that causes that lol.

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
My daughter is a Doctor and I call her when I see some of these adds and ask her "Do I need to take ????" Response is something like "Well Dad, I don't think this would help with your pregnancy!"