Meatloaf

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like the Heinz 57 recipe using 3/4 venison and 1/4 hot patty sausage...that always seems to be the one that never leaves me enough for meatloaf sandwiches. I actually used it years ago to win the meatloaf challenge at my old job, no one could believe it was deer meat.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
this is the one i use..... form the loaf on a baking/cookie sheet on alum. foil sprayed with Pam.....

Ingredients
Ingredient Checklist
  • 2 pounds ground venison
  • 1 (6 ounce) package dry stuffing mix (such as Stove Top®)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • ¼ cup barbeque sauce
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • ¼ cup barbeque sauce
Directions
Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Step 2
    Mix venison, stuffing mix, water, onion, 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, eggs, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Shape venison mixture into a loaf and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup barbeque sauce over the top of loaf.
  • Step 3
    Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
this is the one i use..... form the loaf on a baking/cookie sheet on alum. foil sprayed with Pam.....

Ingredients
Ingredient Checklist
  • 2 pounds ground venison
  • 1 (6 ounce) package dry stuffing mix (such as Stove Top®)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • ¼ cup barbeque sauce
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • ¼ cup barbeque sauce
Directions
Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Step 2
    Mix venison, stuffing mix, water, onion, 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, eggs, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Shape venison mixture into a loaf and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup barbeque sauce over the top of loaf.
  • Step 3
    Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
I'll be trying this one out soon! Thanks

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I've never heard of anyone smoking g a meatloaf but I am intrigued! sounds delicious
Probably bout the only way to make it edible :panic:

I kid. Kinda. Meatloaf is certainly not my favorite presentation.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Probably bout the only way to make it edible :panic:

I kid. Kinda. Meatloaf is certainly not my favorite presentation.
I'm not one to turn my nose to most presentations 😄 but I do understand. My only problem is now I need a smoke, a air frier, some freakin' hot water vacuum thingy and a extra kitchen/butcher shop.🤣🤣🤣