meat in the freezer

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Nice! I’ve never hunted deer with a shotgun before but your setup is appealing. I wouldn’t have thought of using shot that small. Heck I shoot #4 buck when I can find it for yotes.

77f150 beast

Eight Pointer
Where did you set the bead on him with that BB shot?I see one pellet in the neck so just curious.Did he run or just fall over?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Put the dot right behind the shoulder. The pattern was about 2-1/2' in diameter. All but one pellet made it all the way through or just under the off side skin. The shot knocked him over and he kicked a few times. No other movement.
I was wondering about that. I was gonna to ask how you picked all of that shot out of him.

ScLowCountry

Six Pointer
Who sells loaded tss deer rounds, other than apex? Are there other commercial rounds made for predator/deer that are not waterfowl rounds?

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I think the TSS shotgun option is a better choice than any rifle for stands in the woods where your shots will be under 100 yds.
What was the pellet count in that duplex load you used? That seems like a real game changer for extended buckshot ranges

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Good deal. Heard a bunch of accounts where TSS put deer down fast. Was the 4B TSS ? I know I bought some 00 buck that was suppose to have the same density as TSS, but that turned out not to be the case. It was Federal factory loads. It was actually less dense than lead.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Good deal. Heard a bunch of accounts where TSS put deer down fast. Was the 4B TSS ? I know I bought some 00 buck that was suppose to have the same density as TSS, but that turned out not to be the case. It was Federal factory loads. It was actually less dense than lead.

Yes, the 4B and the BB are TSS.

Reactions: DRS