McCaffrey Traded

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great trade. Kid is a great talent but he played 16 games a year for his first 3 years.. the last 3 combined he has played 16. Not to mention the life span of a full sized running back is pretty short. Frankly I am surprised they got as many picks as they did.

blazinbowtie99

Six Pointer
That was a little surprising to see this morning. Pretty nice return for him too being so injury prone. Season turned into a huge disaster/bust anyways.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Great trade. Kid is a great talent but he played 16 games a year for his first 3 years.. the last 3 combined he has played 16. Not to mention the life span of a full sized running back is pretty short. Frankly I am surprised they got as many picks as they did.
I don’t keep up with NFL anymore but this. You can’t help but hear news about local teams to some degree, and it always seemed like he was hurt. Get some return on the investment while you still can.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Well, when you run him right, run him left, run him up the middle, throw to him across the middle, and he accounts for almost 40% of your total offense, he's gonna get banged up.
Maybe he'll get some help in SF and get healthy and do well.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well, when you run him right, run him left, run him up the middle, throw to him across the middle, and he accounts for almost 40% of your total offense, he's gonna get banged up.
Maybe he'll get some help in SF and get healthy and do well.
yup, he was overutilized since he was drafted. you can't have that many touches every game and not increase the risk of injury.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t think anyone disputed the “why” he got banged up, just that he was banged up. Rarely can you be fixed back stronger than you were before…..

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t think anyone disputed the “why” he got banged up, just that he was banged up. Rarely. can you be fixed back stronger than you were before…..
I wasn't fussing or angry. Just that the panthers used him too much. All the time. Ala Barry Sanders.

I think him going to SF might be a good thing for him.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Don't blame them at all for trading him and happy for cmc to actually be able to go to a good team.
I wish him well.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He puts it out there every Sunday. Seems like good guy.

Hope his GF keeps posting pics in Bay Area too!

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Remember when the Hershel Walker trade was made with the Vikings and what happened to the Cowboys with all the draft picks they received?

Yeaaaaaah don’t expect the Panthers to not screw this up. They can’t catch a fish in a barrel much less tell the difference between a wet and dry fart.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Yeaaaaaah don’t expect the Panthers to not screw this up. They can’t catch a fish in a barrel much less tell the difference between a wet and dry fart.
I'm to the point I hope the Panthers don't win anymore and get thex1st pick in the draft.
That doesn't guarantee success but you have to keep shooting for a qb until you hit.

Of course I do expect them to screw up and win like 4 or 5 games...just enough to keep them out of a top qb pick.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'm to the point I hope the Panthers don't win anymore and get thex1st pick in the draft.
That doesn't guarantee success but you have to keep shooting for a qb until you hit.

Of course I do expect them to screw up and win like 4 or 5 games...just enough to keep them out of a top qb pick.

I really don’t understand why NFL teams don’t invite every QB on the planet for workouts in the fall.

Every year it seems there is some guy killing it that nobody ever heard of.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I really don’t understand why NFL teams don’t invite every QB on the planet for workouts in the fall.

Every year it seems there is some guy killing it that nobody ever heard of.

You should’ve heard the commentary gushing over Patriot’s Zappe… talking about great smart player, number 4 jerseys are going to be in high demand….

… welp that quickly fizzled out as the game went on against the Bears.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
You should’ve heard the commentary gushing over Patriot’s Zappe… talking about great smart player, number 4 jerseys are going to be in high demand….

… welp that quickly fizzled out as the game went on against the Bears.

Sounds like Musberger calling a game.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Cats didn’t get memo. They are better off with loss

5 spots in draft picks on line

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This trade will go down as a text book example of addition by subtraction. The team is better now that he is gone, but that is not because of him and does not in any way lesson his talent. The new coach helps, but in general they know that they don't have a stud to rely on so everybody is stepping it up. Team is a long way from 'fixed' or good, but they are a dang sight better than they were before the trade. Working out for both parties I would say.