May fishing in Southport area

jjhondamx3

Button Buck
I am going down to the southport area for a wedding that just so happens to be on my 4-day weekend. Im planning on fishing the rest of the time and i was just wondering if anybody had any tips or know whats biting best in mid-May. I have fished Kure/Carolina (but not in May) before but was wondering if there is any hot spots anyone knows about or what exactly should be biting. Thanks.

gpduxbak

Six Pointer
JJ you and me both know that there will be no fishing on this trip. You'll be to busy ring shopping.

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Get offshore to one of the reefs if possible. Bottom fish around any wrecks or natural bottom. Or tolling for early, kingfish.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What are you fishing from? I take my Kayak out to Yaupon Reef when I am out that way. 1.9 mile paddle/peddle.

jjhondamx3

Button Buck
There will be no shopping of the sorts except for bait and tackle! good to see you at work this morning on your day off btw! lol

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Fishing on the pier is ok and so is surf fishing best bet is to get a charter and head out. If you haven't been head out to frying pan the capt should know exactly what Im talking about if he don't find someone else. Bottom fishing is usually great out there and trolling for kings and cobia is decent to awesome depending on if you can find a hot spot. Good Luck

manybeards

Ten Pointer
I'd be happy to have you join me for some inshore fishing on my Pathfinder. Trolling for some Spanish if the weather cooperates....Just PM me with the dates.