Matt McPherson.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Infinite Potential

Do you realize your potential?

You may not know it, but you have far more potential than Bill Gates! Seriously. One of the wealthiest men in the world has some serious limitations that shouldn’t hinder you if you’re a follower of Christ. Let’s review the facts...

1. Bill Gates was made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27) Our Creator was looking in a mirror when He created Bill. And Bill has maximized this! But this applies equally to you, brothers and sisters.

2. You have Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27) From what we observe, Bill doesn’t have this advantage.

3. You have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthian 1:26) Again, it appears that Bill doesn’t.

4. You have the Holy Spirit. God living inside you! (1 Corinthians 3:16) Again, another advantage you have over Mr. Gates.

So could it be said that Bill is operating at only one-quarter of your capacity? My friends, we have to start believing in our own salvation! And its implications for our lives and businesses.

If Bill and others have accomplished as much as they have without access to God’s Spirit, and without the encumbrances they’ve put on themselves from the secular-sacred dichotomy, think of what you can do! Consider the access you have to divine wisdom and creativity.

It’s time for us to marry our faith and our businesses. It’s time for you and me to bring God’s creative solutions and innovations to solve the world’s problems. There are problems everywhere. Some are on a worldwide scale, and others may seem less significant. But if it’s important to you, then it’s important to God.

Matt McPherson was an evangelist and a worship leader. He also loved bow hunting. One day he clearly heard God say, “I know every answer to every problem in the world. If men would only ask Me, I’d give them those answers.

Now Matt could have asked for the solution to world hunger. Or how to create a huge ministry. But he didn’t. He asked God to help him build a better compound bow.

You see, compound bows had been invented in the late 60’s, and they had two cams. But designers had struggled for over a decade trying to get the cams to perfectly sync, but they were unsuccessful. The lack of sync caused errant aim, an obvious problem for hunters.

About two weeks later Matt woke up in the middle of the night. He said there appeared to be a sheet of notebook paper suspended in front of his face. There was a diagram of a compound bow hand-drawn on it. He sat up and began to copy the blueprint. He realized it was unlike any compound bow that had ever been built. This bow had a single cam.

You probably realize that Honda sells a lot of cars and makes a small profit per car. And Rolls Royce sells very few cars but makes a large profit per car. Matt McPherson started Mathews Inc., and they are now the largest archery manufacturer in the world. And unlike Honda, Mathews makes a very large profit on every bow.

Matt went on to invent a new type of acoustic guitar as well, and his McPherson Guitars are considered among the best in the world. Matt’s business is his ministry. And Matt still walks around his local mall in Wisconsin sharing the Gospel. He has kept God first in everything he does.

So why not you? Why couldn’t God use you to solve a problem on a national scale... or in your community or company? The world is crying out for solutions, and the people of God have access to divine strategies that will heal nations and bring peace. Now it’s time to ask.

When I first told you about Matt McPherson’s prayer above, did you bristle? Did you think a godlier person would have asked for something more...godly? If so, maybe you’ve fallen into the trap of the secular-sacred dichotomy.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Infinite Potential

Do you realize your potential?

You may not know it, but you have far more potential than Bill Gates! Seriously. One of the wealthiest men in the world has some serious limitations that shouldn’t hinder you if you’re a follower of Christ. Let’s review the facts...

1. Bill Gates was made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27) Our Creator was looking in a mirror when He created Bill. And Bill has maximized this! But this applies equally to you, brothers and sisters.

2. You have Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27) From what we observe, Bill doesn’t have this advantage.

3. You have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthian 1:26) Again, it appears that Bill doesn’t.

4. You have the Holy Spirit. God living inside you! (1 Corinthians 3:16) Again, another advantage you have over Mr. Gates.

So could it be said that Bill is operating at only one-quarter of your capacity? My friends, we have to start believing in our own salvation! And its implications for our lives and businesses.

If Bill and others have accomplished as much as they have without access to God’s Spirit, and without the encumbrances they’ve put on themselves from the secular-sacred dichotomy, think of what you can do! Consider the access you have to divine wisdom and creativity.

It’s time for us to marry our faith and our businesses. It’s time for you and me to bring God’s creative solutions and innovations to solve the world’s problems. There are problems everywhere. Some are on a worldwide scale, and others may seem less significant. But if it’s important to you, then it’s important to God.

Matt McPherson was an evangelist and a worship leader. He also loved bow hunting. One day he clearly heard God say, “I know every answer to every problem in the world. If men would only ask Me, I’d give them those answers.

Now Matt could have asked for the solution to world hunger. Or how to create a huge ministry. But he didn’t. He asked God to help him build a better compound bow.

You see, compound bows had been invented in the late 60’s, and they had two cams. But designers had struggled for over a decade trying to get the cams to perfectly sync, but they were unsuccessful. The lack of sync caused errant aim, an obvious problem for hunters.

About two weeks later Matt woke up in the middle of the night. He said there appeared to be a sheet of notebook paper suspended in front of his face. There was a diagram of a compound bow hand-drawn on it. He sat up and began to copy the blueprint. He realized it was unlike any compound bow that had ever been built. This bow had a single cam.

You probably realize that Honda sells a lot of cars and makes a small profit per car. And Rolls Royce sells very few cars but makes a large profit per car. Matt McPherson started Mathews Inc., and they are now the largest archery manufacturer in the world. And unlike Honda, Mathews makes a very large profit on every bow.

Matt went on to invent a new type of acoustic guitar as well, and his McPherson Guitars are considered among the best in the world. Matt’s business is his ministry. And Matt still walks around his local mall in Wisconsin sharing the Gospel. He has kept God first in everything he does.

So why not you? Why couldn’t God use you to solve a problem on a national scale... or in your community or company? The world is crying out for solutions, and the people of God have access to divine strategies that will heal nations and bring peace. Now it’s time to ask.

When I first told you about Matt McPherson’s prayer above, did you bristle? Did you think a godlier person would have asked for something more...godly? If so, maybe you’ve fallen into the trap of the secular-sacred dichotomy.

my favorite part is that he asked God for a better compound bow

Faith of a child.